Chapter 36 : Justice!

Justice must be served, no evil deed shall prosper.

Devon

The following days were excruciating and tiring. I had to go to court and stand as the witness. The trial began early in the morning. Danzel, Mr and Mrs Debrue accompanied me there. I felt numb as I sat in court. Just as I breathed out a deep sigh, Justine was brought in along side the cops. He was dressed in brown inmate clothes and had cuffs on his arms. I felt enraged when I saw him. I wanted to kill him with my bare hands.

The court was filled up with on lookers, Danzel, Mr and Mrs Debrue, some of Justine's relatives. The judge entered and we all rose then set back down.

[Bang, Bang]

"Order in the court!"

"We are gathered here today to witness and solve a case. We will determine if Justine Centiése is guilty or not guilty. Let us begin.", Judge Berniece declares.

I felt ready to finally see that piece of shit go to jail.

"Mr. Centiése may you please stand up .", Judge Berniece demands. Justine slowly stands up, looking around the court, he lock eyes and he glares at me angrily.

"Mr. Centiése you have been charged with abuse, sexual assault, kidnapping, illegal possession of a gun, rape and two attempts of murder on an individual and the individual is non other than Mrs Evanly Debrue, your presumably ex-wife, is that correct."

The people looked shocked and horrified. Other people looked at him with disgust in their eyes. A slight smirk appeared on my face.

"Y-yes your honor but I have reasons for what I did.", Justine replies.

The Judge nods her head. "You may state your reasons."

He clears his throat and proceeds to speak.

"Your honor I did all this to get my wife back. After she left it wasn't easy for me. I realized my mistake but I did not mean for any of it to escalate like this."

I felt like laughing. That is your reason for putting her in the hospital, in a fucken coma. That's a load of bull shit.

"Let me get this straight, you kidnapped her, stabbed and shot her because you wanted her back?", Judge Berniece looked at Justine with a bewildered look.

"It wasn't like that your honor.", Justine cleared his throat.

"If you don't mind me asking. Why did she leave you?", The Judged questioned him.

"Well, your honor I don't know, maybe she found someone better.", Justine looks down. You lair!

"I object, y-your honor! May I address these allegations.", I quickly shouted.

"Access granted."

I quickly stood up and adjusted my tie.

"I, Devon Marscinos declair your statement to be false.  Your honor, Mr. Centiése was having an affair during their marriage with Mrs. Evanly's sister."

The court gasped.

"Objection!, objection! Your honor."

"Oder! Order in the court!", The Judged banged loudly. "Mr. Centiése compose yourself! With the allegations against you, do you plead guilty?"

I looked at Justine speaking with his lawyer, I saw the frustration on his face then his lawyer said something and he sighed in defeat. He turned to the judge.

"I....I plead guilty...", Justine sighed.

The court began making noises.

"Order in the court! Justin Centiése you are guilty of kidnapping, Assaulting, sexual assault, stabbing, shooting, illegal possession of a gun and the two attempts of murder on an individual, Evenly Debrue. I hear by sentence you to life in prison without the chances of parole.", the Judge banged once again and the court cheered.

I was happy to see him go to jail, he deserved it and now all I have to do is pray and hope that Evanly will wake up soon. I got off the stand as everyone began to departure from the court. I walked up to Mr. Debrue, Mrs Debrue, Conilliouse and Danzel who waited for me by the door.

"Hey everyone...", I smiled faintly.

"You did great, Devon. We're so glad that he's finally gone...", Conilliouse hugged me.

"I'm glad too.", I replied.

"You did good, Devon, you did good...", Danzel patted me on the back. After chatting a bit, Danzel and Conilliouse took off. I was left there with Mr. Debrue and Mrs Debrue. They both turned to look at me and embraced me in a hug. I was shocked but then hugged them back.

"We are so proud of you." They both said.

I felt so overwhelmed, I had never been hugged like this by my own parents. Our parents were never really that affectionate towards Danzel and I, so this felt so new to me. I tightly held onto to them and we shared a heartwarming moment. After some time we pulled apart and I smiled warmly at them.

"Devon, thank you for saving our daughter from that evil man. Please promise us that you'll keep on protecting her.", Mrs. Debrue exclaimed.

"I promise to protect her with my life.", i declared. "I hope you don't mind, I wanted you to stay at my mansion while you are here. I asked my driver to escort you to my mansion and a maid will be there to show you your rooms and around the house."

"Oh, Devon you did not have to do that. We would've stayed at a hotel or something.", Mr. Debrue said.

"Don't worry, I insist, really-", the sound of my phone ringing cut me off. I quickly pulled it out of my pocket and answered.

"Mr. Torhanto, how are you?"

"Greetings to you, Mr. Marscinos. I'm doing very well thank  you and yourself?"

"I'm doing fine. I hope this is about the arrangement and merging of our companies?"

"Of course, yes it is. I called to inform you I will be a bit late to the meeting. Our flight had a minor delay but I am on my way right now."

"No worries sir, we will wait. I will inform the rest."

"Alright, thank you."

"Okay, have a safe flight, Mr. Torhanto.", I hung up and turned to look at Mr. Debrue and Mrs. Debrue.

"I guess work calls. I will see you in the evening when I get back. Please reach the safely and have a pleasant evening. I'll be on my way.", I said.

"Alright, drive safely and thank you, Devon.", Mrs. Debrue waved as I walked out towards my car.

I sighed heavily as I got into my car and leaned back into my seat.

"I hope Mr. Torhanto doesn't bring that daughter of his, Jizzell."

~To be continued...~

Please don't forget to follow and vote. Thank you for reading 'The Billionaire's Blunder Bet.'