Sunshine Heartbeat (Seth Clearwater imprint story) Ch 17

Aimee's POV

"Aimee." Seth mumbled, holding out the phone towards me. I stared at the phone, not wanting to hear her voice ever again. Seth looked at me, grimacing. "Come on. Just hear what she wants to say then I will tell her that you are not going with her."

I sighed and closed my eyes. "Fine. If you really want me too..."

I held my hand out for the phone and Seth gave me a small smile, placing the phone on my palm.

"Hello?" I said, trying hard to keep my voice level.

"Hi Aimee. How are you today?" A high pitched, feminine voice asked me.

How am I today? How could she even ask that? She ditched me when I was only a child and now she wants me back. What am I? A toy that she could just ditch and get for anytime?

"I was fine until you call me" I replied in a cold, icy voice, gripping onto the phone with hatred.

"Oh my...dear...how...how could you say that?" She mumbled, sounding confused and hurt. "I missed you a lot."

Did she? Did she really? No. It can't be.

I stood there, shocked at what I heard. "How could I say that? What do you mean by how could I say that? Why can't I say it? I have every single right to say whatever I want to a woman who abandoned me for almost 15 years. A woman that I can hardly recognise." I rushed out; anger and hatred were bubbling inside me.

Seth held onto me from behind, gently rubbing my shoulder, which calmed me a little.

"...I...sweeti-"

"Don't you ever call me sweetie. Don't even bother. I am only talking to you today because I want to tell you in person, that I am not coming with you.Don't even think about it. Not going to happen" I screamed at the phone, body trembling with rage.

Seth slipped the phone out of my hand and hugged me closer. "It's okay, Aimee. I am here." He whispered reassuringly into my ears. I leaned in and tears started to burst out of my eyes despite my attempt to resist.  I struggled to get air into my lungs and I gripped onto Seth with more force. He freed the phone from his hand with a simple toss to the sofa. With both hands free, he cradled and rocked me soothingly. Calmly listening to my uncontrollable sobs and tears.

Suddenly, the phone gave out two more loud ringing noises. I let out a small yelp. Seth glanced at me and placed a soft kiss on my forehead. He lifted us over to the couch and hid the phone under a pile of cushions. I gave him a weak smile at his poor attempt at trying to silent the phone. He shot me a small grin.

Finally the phone went silent.

Seth's POV

The phone started to ring again and I quickly look around for a way to quiet it down. I grabbed the first things I saw which happened to be a pile of cushions and stuffed the phone underneath it. However, my theory didn't succeed very well. Aimee watched me as the phone continued to ring. She smiled weakly; I gave her a small grin. Finally, the phone stopped and silence filled the air.

I glanced at Aimee and saw that her eyelids were closed. I gave her a kiss on the lips and her eyes fluttered open immediately. I smirked and beamed at the fact that my kisses do an effect on Aimee.

"Seth..." She said, shaking her head a little.

I stared at her, confused.

Aimee's laugh tinkled through the air as she leaned and placed a gentle kiss on my lips. A grin formed on my face.

"I love you." She muttered, keeping her forehead on mine.

"I love you too, Aimee." I mumbled back, enjoying the moment.

I crashed my lips onto hers before she could say any more.

I love you , Aimee....

Aimee's POV

A few days went by without any call from Mrs Baker and I slowly reassured myself that she wouldn't come and bother me at all.

Now, there are only 5 more days until my birthday and I just hope that I wouldn't see her on that day. It would be my first birthday in these past years that I could actually share it with someone who loves me.

Seth...

I am so lucky that he imprinted on me, but what if I have to go?

Would life really be this unfair to me? You already took Dad and the Mum that I used love away...and now you want to take Seth, Leah and the whole pack too...

Why can't my life be perfect at least once?

And now would be a good time for it...

"Aimee." A familiar husky voice called my name.

I opened my eyes, smiling.

"Hello Seth." I replied, trying hard to cover up the sorrow that had been hidden deep in my heart for the past weeks.

"What are you doing?" Seth asked, instantly wrapping his arms around me.

I leaned back on his shoulder. This action was done constantly and it felt so natural to lean on Seth.

"I am leaning on you, Seffy." I answered, not wanting to tell him what I was really thinking about...well...because...

Seth and I both knew that the chances of me leaving might be possible but none of us are willing to point that out. 

I placed my ear on his chest as his light chuckles vibrated through his chest. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment.

Seth's POV

I watched as Aimee pondered in her own thoughts. I could tell that the whole Mrs Baker issue is annoying her, but I couldn't do anything about it...yet.

However, the only thing I can do is making sure that Aimee would stay happy and protected when she is with me.

And...Not let her slip away with her so-called mother...

Aimee has been losing sleep over this whole mess and she doesn't smile as much now. 

I can sense that Aimee still cares a lot about her mum despite her anger at Mrs Baker for abandoning her. 

I sighed quietly.

Aimee's birthday will come soon and maybe the pack and Emily can help cheer her up...

I looked down at Aimee's beautiful face, stroking her smooth and shiny hair. Aimee had her eyes closed and I imagined her wandering through all the possible ideas from this mess that her mother created.

Although I can't say much from this situation to Aimee, the only thing I would say is that I would never let Aimee go. No matter what reason this Mrs Baker has in her head... I just hope that Aimee will stay.