11

"I am happy to welcome you back officially, Alpha," I said, gesturing Cooper to enter our shared office space.

Dr. Rose had officially given Cooper an okay to work. After months of recovery, she was cleared. Whenever I remember Cooper's recovery, I feel shivers run down my body. Those first four months were very difficult. She was sick so often, she was weak. They got her addicted to drugs, and the withdrawal was very hard to watch, but we got through it together. I am happy that I could help her. Cooper has had some visions, but they don't happen very often.

"Let me give you a tour of the office," I said as we moved further in.

"So, as you can see, I have combined our offices and turned it into a shared office space. Some renovation has been done to the room, but most of the original elements remain. On your side, you will find that I haven't changed it a lot, Alpha Barry's essence can still be found. The bookshelf with all of his books is still there. Behind your chair, you will find the alcohol cabinet with his collection still intact. His cigars are in one of the drawers. The antiques are displayed in various areas of the office. All the old furniture was restored and put back in. The new additions to the office are this new couch and coffee table, along with a projector and a  retractable white screen, "I explained.

"Wow! I wonder how I didn't notice all of this earlier. I have come here so many times now but failed to notice these little things. I really thought it was just the same old furniture, " Cooper replied.

She ran a hand on her chair, which previously belonged to Alpha Barry. She opened the liquor cabinet, and her eyes ran over the bottles before they landed on a glass. She picked up the glass and looked at it for a moment before setting it back in its place. She took a whiff of the air, breathing in deeply. Her forehead creasd in confusion.

"The smell, it smells so familiar," she said, her eyes still closed.

"About that," I said, as I walked closer to her. "I- I had a special scent made. I hope I got the scent perfectly right because that is how I remember it. I asked a perfume expert to make this scent, its your dad's or how I remember he smelled like", I nervously played with my fingers.

Copper stepped closer, and she put her forefinger and thumb underneath my chin to lift it up. Our eyes met, and she gave me a huge smile. Her eyes glistened with tears that she was holding back. Suddenly, she engulfed me in a big hug, and she hugged me tightly for about 20 seconds before letting go.

Yeah, I was counting the seconds, so what? She makes me feel like a teenager.

"Thanks! No one has ever done something so sweet for me. Thanks a lot. And you nailed it. He smelled exactly like that. That is his scent. " she pulled me in for another short hug.

"I am glad that you like it," I said.

"Make sure you give me this person's contact information, I will have him work on Mom's scent too," Cooper said as she sat down.

"Too late. He is already working on it, but I will share his contact info," I said as I sat at my desk.

"Our desks are too far," Cooper groaned.

"Yeah, I thought you'd want some privacy. There is a screen that can be pulled out to make this into two offices again, " I said.

"Maybe we can both work on the couch, I will get bored if I work so far from you," Cooper said, grabbing her laptop and walking towards the couch.

She placed the laptop on the table before she walked towards my desk. She unplugged my laptop and placed it next to hers. I took that as my cue to join her at the couch. We both sat down on the couch and worked from there. Cooper got distracted very easily, which was very unusual to see. She was always focused, determined, patient, and adamant.