[04] can i have your number

"You're rich," I stated, my mouth wide as I took in the BMW in front of me. That wasn't the only part I was admiring; Bang Chan was sitting in the driver's seat with sunglasses on, one of his arms on the open window (he was steering with the other hand).

We had all changed out of our school uniforms and into more comfortable clothes, and Chan, apparently, had chosen to wear jeans and a sleeveless top. The boys had gone to Chan's place for a change of clothes (they said that they hung out at his place a lot, so they had a lot of clothes there), and Jeongin and I went to Jeongin's (like the boys, I went to his place a lot, and even though I didn't have too many spare clothes there, I had enough to make a cute outfit).

~ half an hour earlier ~

"Can I have your number?" Chan asked, giving her his phone.

With my incredibly broad vocabulary, I responded, "Huh?" Chan wanted my number?

Chan smiled at me, shaking his head when he realized I was misunderstanding the question. "Well, we 're friends, and I'll pick you up so we can get to the karaoke together." He smiled again as he scratched the back of his head.

I internally facepalmed, embarrassed. "Oh, yeah, sure," I said as I typed in my number into his phone.

"Thanks," he grinned before sending me a text to test.

Heyyy

I blushed at it before forcing myself to admit that it was a test. "Can you send me your address?" Chan questioned as he looked back up at me.

"I'll, uh, send you Jeongin's," I told him as I glanced back to confirm with my best friend. When he nodded in approval, I clicked send.

Chan frowned. "You have your clothes at his house? Are you guys together or something?" He laughed awkwardly, and my eyes widened at the assumption.

"Ewww he's like my best friend," I said, slightly grossed out at the thought of dating him.

Chan laughed again, seemingly relieved. "Thank goodness."

I opened my mouth to ask why, but before I could, Chan pushed me towards Jeongin. "Time for you guys to go bye bye," he said quickly, rushing them out of the building. "We'll come pick you guys up in around 30 minutes, okay?"

"Okay," I responded, blushing due to the physical contact.

Chan must have realized, because he quickly removed his hands and looked away guiltily.

When Jeongin and I were safely out of the boys' earshot, Jeongin grinned at me mischievously and elbowed me. "So... Bang Chan, huh?" He asked, that infuriating smirk still on his face.

I whipped my head backwards to make sure that none of them could hear before hissing at my best friend, "Shut up! What about him?" I tried my best to act annoyed, but even the thought of the tall Aussie boy was making me blush.

I could hear Jeongin sniggering as sang teasingly, "I think my little Nabi is in looovvveee." I smacked his arm, and he ran away with me chasing him.

Oh, that infuriating kid.

~ present ~

My heart had stumbled when I saw Chan, and Jeongin definitely picked up on it. I could feel his smirk from behind me, but the moment didn't last long. The back windows rolled down, and I could hear the shouts of the boys inside— Hyunjin and Seungmin, I presumed.

Chan blushed when he heard my complement. "Nah, not that rich," he said, avoiding eye contact. Was he embarrassed? I opened my mouth to speak, but he cut me off... again. "Come on, get in. The other boys are already there."

I closed my mouth and nodded. "Come on, Innie," I said to my friend, before walking towards the shotgun.

"DIBS ON THE SHOTGUN!" He screamed, running past me and almost jumping into the front seat. I rolled my eyes, still smiling.

"Fine."

I climbed into the back, finding myself between the window and Hyunjin. Shit, why is he so pretty? I was trying to control the tornado of butterflies in my stomach when the blonde boy leaned in and whispered, "You look cute, Nabi," his soft breath tickling my ears.

I was wearing black leggings and a loose (but casual) white shirt (which... belonged to Jeongin— hey, I only kept a spare pair of pants at his place). I had tied back my flowy black hair in a half-up-half-down hairstyle with a cute white ribbon. It was a generally basic outfit, but I still blushed at the complement. I could still feel his breath on my cheek. 

"Thanks, you too," I returned, looking him just above the eyes— if I looked him dead in the eye, I would be even more of a blushing mess. I wasn't wrong, though. He did look good in his jeans and white t-shirt. In fact, it almost looked like we matched.

Hyunjin smirked in response, finally leaning away from me. "Of course I look good. I'm the Hwang Hyunjin." I rolled my eyes, shaking my head with a small grin. I wish I had his confidence.

I looked up to make eye contact with Jeongin in the rear-view mirror, and he raised an eyebrow at me. Hyunjin? He mouthed, and I quickly shook my head. "Um, are you okay, Nabi?" Seungmin asked me. I hadn't realized that he had been observing me.

I glared at Innie through the mirror. "Never been better."

This kid isn't making it out of today alive.