I almost lost him (Chapter 12)

I'm in a writing mood and none of my favorite authors have uploaded so I'm writing again! PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORY I STARTED TODAY (I THINK ITS WRITTEN MUCH BETTER): We'll Kiss Again. :) PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT ON THAT AND THIS STORY!! Also, I updated in love with my kidanapper too today :) Sorry if this is short....I'm getting tired of writing and this might have more errors than ususual.... :( ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before class started I asked Ellie if she wanted to come over after school. I could put off making dinner until later if I was being honest with myself. And it would be nice to have another girl's presence in the house. Plus, if she was there, I wouldn't get distracted by Ryan's hotness. Class seemed to drag on, but I managed to survive.

After school ended, I went over to the library to pick up Liam. I walked over to the wooden tables and frowned. He wasn't where he was supposed to be. In fact, I discovered that Liam was nowhere to be found. What if he got lost? What if we never saw him again? What if--

Okay, I'm getting too ahead of myself right now. I just needed to think positively. I headed over to the main office and asked the secretary where Liam was. She told me to head to the principal's office. My eyebrows scrunched up in confusion. Why did I need to go to Mr. Sullivan's office?

I knocked on the door. Chase was sitting in a chair, apparently arguing with the principal, and the principal was trying to sound stern but it seemed more like he was nervous at the same. In Chase's lap, thank God, was Liam.

I ran over to him and scooped him up into my arms and he giggled. I smiled down at him, but then frowned when I realized the tension was still thick in the air. I looked up at the principal and a chill ran up my spine when I saw his expression.

"Ms. Alissa, I do not appreciate you yelling at my nephew. He's still in college for goodness sakes, and he's bound to have a temper at  his young age. Please give him a chance. In fact, I do believe that Jacob is your only chance." He smiled, but the smile had no warmth to it.

 I wanted to smack that smile off his face and ask him about when he promised he would do everything in his power to help us. Where was that nice guy? I guess he left whenever his stupid nephew got his feelings hurt. I was about to talk back to him when Chase glared at him and started yelling for me. He was so loud I'm pretty sure the whole school could've heard him.

"HOW DARE YOU!?!?! AFTER YOU LOSE MY BROTHER, SCOLD MY BROTHER, YOUR NEPHEW MAKES HIM CRY, AND HE STALKS OFF, YOU DARE TO YELL AT MY SISTER FOR SOMETHING THIS STUPID? SOMETHING SHE DIDN'T EVEN DO? GO ROT IN A SEWER ASSHOLE!"

I gasped. "Chase calm down, you don't need to start-WAIT! WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'LOSE' CHASE?" I shrieked. Did Jacob manage to lose his only student in the middle of the day? How negligent was he? There was no way he was fit to be a teacher.

Chase glared the principal down and didn't break eye contact with him. Then he explained himself to me. "Our wonderful principal's oh-so-mature nephew threw a temper tantrum when he became frustrated with Liam's math skills, yelled at Liam, and made him cry. Then he stalked off to God knows where and left Liam there. Liam was finally found all alone cowering under a sink in the girls' bathroom by a janitor."

My eyes just about popped out of my head. My poor five year old brother. He didn't deserve to get yelled at over math. Jacob really had a temper on him, didn't he? "HE WHAT?"

The principal was now looking back and forth at us nervously. I looked him dead in the eye as I spoke.

"Now listen here, I don't care if you're my principal, my mom, my dad, my grandma, or even FREAKING MOTHER TERESA! This better not happen again, and if Liam ends up in a position like this again, we WILL sue the school. And I WILL tell them you threatened me. All is fair for us because this tutoring option for Liam with your nephew JACOB," I spat out his name, "is completely legal."

"Now, now," he laughed nervously and scratched the back of his head, "let's not take this too far. It was an accident."

I screamed at him. "HOW IS LOSING MY LITTLE BROTHER AND ONLY YELLING AT YOU TAKING IT TOO FAR!  I HAVE A RIGHT TO SUE YOU AND I'M GIVING YOU ANOTHER CHANCE! THIS IS NOT TAKING IT TOO FAR! MY BROTHER COULD HAVE BEEN KIDAPPED! HOW IS STORMING OUT OF A ROOM LIKE A BABY AN ACCIDENT?" I swear if someone didn't make me leave the room I would smack the principal and be suspended. I didn't give a shit if I was suspended, this was my brother I was talking about. One of the only people I have left. And I could have lost him. I was not going to accept that. 

I stormed out of the room with Liam and stalked towards the car, not speaking. I tried to open the car door. It was locked. Perfect, just perfect. Could my life get any worse? Someone please sue me. I kicked the car tire and cussed in frustration as my big toe smacked the tire. Ouch! I probably just sprained my foot....

I remembered I'd brought my spare set of keys before I'd left. I took them out of my pocket  and unlocked the car. Making sure Liam was buckled in his booster seat, I slammed the car door and sat in the passenger seat and didn't say a word.

Man I was pissed. How could Jacob? Was he not responsible enough? Should I bail out on him? I would have to quit school then. Damn him for being our last option.

I didn't even noticed we'd reached home until Chase touched my arm. I got out of the car, picked up Liam, and went inside. Jacob was going to pay, we needed to have a talk.

*******************************************

This is really short, but I wanted to upload and I have to go to sleep now but I've been working really hard on uploading chapters so PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT :) Man am I tired... (see I don't even have a rant I'm so tired...) PLEASE PLEASE VOMMENT!