Cupcakes (Part 2 of a series)

TW: V!0l3nc3, mentions of the Hades and Persephone myth (which involves k!dn@pp!ng), gvnp0wd3r, mental health issues, d3@th, and [sewerslide].

Part 2/??? of Ruv's worries

"What are we baking?" Demeter asked when she and Ruv went into the kitchen to set things up.

"8 cupcakes and some buns." Ruv answered.

"That's...a lot. You'd really be willing to stay in the kitchen for THAT long in winter wear to bake THAT much for your family?"

"Da. Unlike you, I'm making effort to get my mama and papa to know that I care while you, on the other hand, hid away in a cave, caused months of famine, and cried when your daughter was abducted."

Demeter glared at him; her eyes glowing yellow. "You mother[funking] son of a- ugh!! What flavor of cupcakes are we making? Let's make this fast so I don't see you in my abode again after this."

"3 chocolate cupcakes, 1 vanilla cupcake, 1 carrot cake cupcake, 1 red velvet cupcake, 1 strawberry cupcake, and 1 pumpkin spice cupcake."

Demeter tied her hair in a bun and snapped her fingers, and in a flash of golden light, she and Ruv were wearing aprons and the needed ingredients were on the kitchen counter.

Ruv then noticed something. "Where's the gunpowder?"

"What?"

"Don't cupcakes need gvnp0wd3r or so- OW!!" Before he could finish, Demeter kneed him in a very personal area.

"IT'S BAKING POWDER, YOU DUNCE!"

*insert baking montage bc I'm 2 lazy 2 write, lol*

"Here you go." Demeter said, giving him two boxes. "Now get your [a-word] out of here."

"Alri-" Ruv was kicked in the gut and blasted back to the city before he could finish what he was saying or even thank her.

***

"I'm home." Ruv said as he walked in the living room. Everyone, except for Krusveto, who stared at the ground, greeted Ruv as his wife went over to him and gave him a peck on the lips.

He then put the boxes of cupcakes, which were, surprisingly, still in good condition, and buns on the table.

"The cupcakes are for all of you, except me and mama, and the buns are for me and mama."

Rsch smiled. "Thank you, Ruvvy."

"No problem." Ruv said, giving her a thumbs up. He was upset that his father didn't acknowledge or react to his gesture of affection, but he couldn't blame him, considering how he's treated his parents the past few months.

"Are you alright, father?" Essie asked. "Why are you limping?"

"Penelope, explain to your relatives what happened." Ruv said, turning to his eldest granddaughter. "I need to drink some Advil and lay down. But I'll be fine."

Before anyone could say anything, Ruv walked off to the kitchen.

"When dedushka and Aunt Demeter were baking, dedushka made a lot of mistakes and, rather than being kind and understanding about it, Aunt Demeter kicked him in a...personal part of his body, insulted him and yelled at him." Penelope explained, her eyes glowing a pastel purple.

"That's not surprising." Sarv said. "Demeter isn't very kind to those who offend her, and me and Ruv are in that list of people. Because of this, she has a vendetta against everyone in this room; even her own great-granddaughter."

"Why? What did you and Ruvyzvat do?" Krus asked.

"Ruv stole her sickle and I broke it." Sarv answered.

"...Ah...I see."

"You should try these cupcakes." Melody said, munching on the red velvet cupcake Ruv made. "Dedushka did really good with these."

"Really?" Sarv asked. She then took the strawberry cupcake that was in the box. "She's right. These are the best cupcakes I've ever had. Thanks, Ruv!"

"No problem." Ruv said as he made his way to the bedroom.

***

When he laid down on the bed, he took a deep breath as the Advil finally took effect.

What was he going to do?

Karma beat him up and his father is now pushing him away like he did with his parents.

All he felt right now was regret for how he treated them.

Thanks to how he treated them, his father's mental state is even worse than before.

Thanks to how he treated them, his father has the mindset that he doesn't care about him and is just pretending, when, in reality, it's the complete opposite of that.

He had to fix this.

He reached for his phone on his night stand and texted Hestia.

Ruv: Hey. I know you said you're busy for the rest of the month, but is there any chance you'd be available sometime this month?

He put his phone on his chest and stared at the ceiling, waiting to hear the sound of a notification.

Just as he was about to drift of...

Ding!

He immediately woke back up and saw a text from Hestia.

Hestia: Yes, actually. The water pipes at the school I'm working at randomly broke, so they're suspending classes so they can fix it.

Athena's going to be meeting up with Artemis to hang out and have a friendly spar with her, Hecate and Circe will be out for mother-daughter bonding time and Astraea's going out on a date for the first time in her life so I'll be available at 8 later.

Ruv mentally thanked every god and goddess who are said to exist for that and texted back.

Ruv: Cool. Can I come over at 9?

Hestia: Sure. Did the cupcakes work?

Ruv: I'll explain when I get there.

Hestia: Alright.

***

"He didn't thank me nor did he acknowledge or react to it." Ruv said. "I really [funked] him up, huh?"

Hestia took a sip of her tea before answering. "Yeah. I'm pretty sure you did."

Ruv buried his face in his hands. "I have no idea what to do, Hestia. He could be d3@d any second, any minute, any day, and it doesn't help that I'm [crap] at family and comfort."

Hestia looked at the criminal sympathetically as she put a hand on his shoulder. "I'll help you get better at it."

"..."

Hestia sighed. "As you know, there's this café that recently opened and Essie, Affie, and Athena have been obsessing over it and are planning to go tomorrow. There are open mics, so maybe you could pick a song for your father and talk with your daughters and former mentor and ask if they could invite you and father along and sing the song for you."

"Not something I'd think of, but it's worth a sh0t. Thanks, Hestia."

Hestia smiled. "You're welcome, Ruv."

A/N: Dw. Ruv's you-know-what isn't damaged, LMFAO XD