It was in that moment they knew (they [funked] up) (Angst Ending)

A/N: Second half of the gift I made for Pey_Blinksoo. Hope you enjoyed this part of it, even if it's angsty and ends on a saddening note.

TW: D3pr3$$!0n,mental health issues, mentions of *car-stration*, child @bv$3, slight $3x!$tlanguage, internalized $3x!$m, and v0m!t!ng

"What did Essie say?" Rose asked when Melody walked in after calling her mom.

"The aircon and electric fan in praded and prababushka's room and me, mamachka, Penelope, and Aunt Affie's room are broken, and he might get overheated because of how hot it is today." Melody said. "So, until the aircon and electric fan in our rooms are fixed, we're gonna have to stay with you. Mamachka might come over and bring some clothes and toiletries for us if we might end up having to stay here overnight."

"Ah, okay." Pey said.

Melody turned to her great-grandfather, who was sobbing uncontrollably. "What happened?"

"We're not sure." Pey answered. "He just started sobbing out of nowhere and we asked him what was wrong, but he wasn't answering us."

"What do you think of me?" Krus asked.

The psychology intern (Rose), writer (Pey), and young princess (Melody) turned to the ex-police officer (Krus).

"What?" Melody and Rose asked in unison.

"What do you think of me?" Krus repeated.

"Why...are you asking?" Pey inquired.

"Just answer it." Krus said.

"I know we just met, obviously, but I think you're cool and that you slay." Pey stated honestly.

"Yeah." Rose agreed. "You're really sweet and caring; just a great man in every way."

"You're a kind person who's been done dirty by, not just your aunt, uncle, and son, but by the pit of evil and corruption this world has become." Melody added. "You don't deserve what you've been through and you don't deserve being trash talked by dedushka either. You deserve nothing but the best in life."

Krus sniffled, pouring more wine in his glass, and chugging it in one go. "You're wrong."

"First of all..." Melody summoned vines that took the bottle from him. "That's enough wine for you, and even I know that. Second of all, we're not wrong. We're correct."

"You're wrong." Krus insisted. "Ask the rest of the family; they'll confirm it."

"Okay." Rose said, taking out her phone. "But I don't see the point."

She sent a text to the GC she had with Pey, Rose, and the whole Maximov(a) family except for Rsch and Krus, as they don't have phones, and read each and every response aloud.

***

Essie and Rsch were sitting on the table, talking about whatever was on their minds as they munched on their pirozhkis. Penelope was out with Selever and Rasazy, Affie was on a date with BF, and Ruv and Sarv were just chilling their rooms, taking a break from trying to fix the aircon and electric fan.

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, let me get this straight." Rsch said, her words slightly muffled as her mouth was full. "Girlfriend got drunk after 1 glass and started flirting with you whilst under the influence of whatever the [funk] were in those martinis?"

"First of all, babushka, please watch your language and don't talk with your mouth full." Essie replied, using her hand to brush off the food particles that fell on her shoulder. "Second of all, yes, basically."