1.9 - Mae Lorenzo

NINE  - FarewellPOV - Mae Lorenzo

NINE  - Farewell
POV - Mae Lorenzo

MY brand new Corporal chevrons were sewn against the jacket that I was currently using as a blanket. I remembered how loudly I cheered and how wildly I danced last night in honor of getting those chevrons and getting out a training. Now, all I felt was sore.

My entire body weighed me down into my train seat and the chatter of the other girls was just white noise to me. Soft snores passed by my lips as a burning cigarette hung from my mouth. I refused to move ever since I sat down about a few minutes ago, the only time I did so was when Speedy tried to move the cigarette because apparently it was a 'fire hazard'.

With training finally behind me it seemed all the mental and physical burdens of it were finally unloaded. Never in my life have I felt so tired. I practically wobbled onto the train, immediately dropping my baggage and lying down for a well deserved nap. I didn't even bother to fight the feeling of my eyelids falling. After weeks of the bare human minimum of sleep and day after day of hard labor, I let the crushing waves of unconsciousness sweep over me. Or at least I tried to, despite my exhaustion the train seats were not comfortable to say the least. I tried my best to curl myself up, but the firm seat prevented me from quality resting conditions.

"Hey, Rooster." I overheard Trapper say. "15 bucks says you can't hit the next train sign we pass."

I could practically hear the intrigued look on the brunettes face. "Oh? Is that a challenge?"

"Rooster, don't be insane. That's probably illegal." Rita argued.

"Which makes it all more the fun."

"What?!"

"Match, you want a piece of the action?" I raised my head out of my palm, my cigarette hanging from my lips. "Have you lost your damn mind?" I asked, before leaning back further in my seat.

"Okay, Havoc?"

"WHAT!? No!" Rita roared. "We're in a fucking train! A public one! You can't just start shooting your gun!"

Rooster hummed in reply as she pulled the window down.

"Oh no." Speedy muttered as she glanced around for anyone watching them.

"Do it." Trapper smiled as her best friend slid her riffle out from its bag.

"No! Stop it!" Rita yelled, pointing at the blonde. "You're being a bad influence!"

"I'm not the one making a scene." Trapper replied back promptly, crossing her arms. "If anything, you're the bad influence."

"What!?"