CHAPTER FIFTEEN - Enraged: From Both Ends.

Faisal looked through the window as Umamah’s car drove through the gate. “Yes Gentlemen. I believe that is a wrap for the plans?” He asked the Onboarding team.

“Yes Sir. We will wait for Mrs. Umamah’s team before drafting the reports.”

“Okay. And get across to Mr. Tyler as well. He complained about some industrial malfunction. I don’t want him reporting same again.”

“I will do that sir.”

Everyone dispersed and Faisal sat there, waiting. Three hours ago, her team had reported to that thye were yet to conclude the final survey on refineries. That naturally hindered the progress of every other team. No one knew where she went. The control room’s CCTV had shown she left in his white Mercedes. And she was only just returning.

“Assalaam’alaykum.” She gave her tasleem as she stepped in. “SubhanAllah! I am sooo sorry. I didn’t expect the traffic to be sooo…”

“Where were you?”

“Uhmmm… Out… on a field survey.” She decided on a partial truth.

“Without your team?”

“Yes, they had another assignment. Which reminds me, I have to get to them. Seeing the meeting ended too early, it means the Report team weren’t able to do their jobs. I am sorry. I will only be jiffy.” She turned away and started to hurry towards the door.

“Did you go and see him?”

She stopped in her track.

“Who?”

“Don’t play dumb with me Umamah. Did you go to see your ex-boyfriend?”

His tone was calm. Too calm. Almost condescending.

“I only stopped by their new house to say hello to his father and little sister. I have not seen them since I returned… ”

“At work hours?”

“I told you, I went out on a field survey. There are several gas stations around their place. Since I was in the environment, I just stopped to say hi.”

“And did you see him? You know what? Don’t answer that. Go back to your office, and on your way out, meet Shamaz and her team, take the report from them and complete it after you have imputed the conclusions from the survey. That way, the extra time you have on your hands will be well spent.”

Umamah stopped in her tracks, dumbfounded. “You are trying to make me take the job of the Onboarding Report team?”

“Do you have a problem with that Ms.?”

She whirled around. “Faisal, I know I derailed during work hours which was highly unprofessional of me, but… ”

“And I understand totally how apologetic you are, but I can’t be seen playing favoritism, because you are married to me. You get the same treatment everyone else in shoes get. Please, don’t push it Umamah.”

“But I barely have enough time before we wrap up for the day and we are to send the report to BAXTON by 8:00AM tomorrow. At least, let my team be of help.”

“Good. Young lady, you are about to begin learning about late nights. Luckily for you, it's beginning earlier than most people would have been privileged to find it. 'Please leave…"

Umamah was stupefied. What was it with these men stat they were just asking her out if their presence today? Was he really doing this to her? “Faisal…”

“Mr. Abdur-Rahman. This  is an office.”

“Mr... Abdur- since when?…”

But Faisal was already walking away.