EPILOGUE

As Umamah returned to the office after completing her master’s degree, the atmosphere was electric with excitement. Colleagues eagerly awaited her arrival, their gifts and warm wishes in hand, ready to welcome her back with open arms. The office buzzed with chatter and laughter as everyone prepared to celebrate her return.

As Umamah stepped through the doors, she was greeted with cheers and applause. Her colleagues surrounded her, showering her with hugs, high-fives, and heartfelt congratulations. They admired her determination and hard work, expressing how much they had missed her during her time away.

Gifts were exchanged, ranging from thoughtful tokens of appreciation to playful inside jokes that brought smiles to everyone’s faces. The air was filled with positivity and camaraderie as colleagues caught up with Umamah, eager to hear about her experiences and accomplishments during her studies.

Throughout the day, meetings were interrupted by impromptu gatherings and lively conversations, as colleagues shared stories, memories, and plans for the future. Umamah’s presence brought a sense of unity and joy to the office, reminding everyone of the importance of friendship and support in their professional journey.

As the day drew to a close, Umamah felt overwhelmed with gratitude for her colleagues’ warm welcome and encouragement. She knew that she was truly valued and cherished by those around her, and she looked forward to continuing her journey with them by her side.

The entire day was declared a free day, filled with fun activities and culminating in a huge barbecue in the evening. With over 12,000 staff members participating, it was a generous offer from the company. Men and women had their separate sections, providing an opportunity to mingle only with the same gender.

The atmosphere was lively, with games and laughter filling the air. After dinner, everyone departed for their homes, praying Maghrib together before leaving.

On their way back, Umamah expressed her gratitude to Faisal for making the day special in her honor. She promised to support him in his endeavors with FIH and FNLG, showing her appreciation for his efforts. Faisal teased her playfully, suggesting there were more surprises in she should look forward to, but Umamah was too content to worry about his innuendos. As she drifted off to sleep, she felt a sense of contentment and happiness.

***

EPILOGUE

Umamah was playing around with Mayeesha in the garden. Farid, seated in one corner, focused on his computer and some hard copies of papers in his hand. He had elevated his firm to almost impeccable standards, surprising Umamah with his achievements. Since taking over the company, he had excelled beyond her expectations. Farid was swiftly transitioning into adulthood, and it seemed that heartbreaks truly had a transformative effect on people.

AbdAllah, on the other hand, was set to return to school in a week, soon to become a graduate, fulfilling their collective aspirations. Surely, Sulaym would be pleased if he could see this now.

“Mayeesha,” Umamah said, barely stopping her heartbeat. “Okay, I am tired. I think that’s enough for today.”

“Oh, mommy, please. We barely have to e to play together,” Mayeesha protested.

“That’s enough, young lady,” Faisal interrupted from the entrance. “Your mommy is tired.”

“Daddy, I didn’t invite you here. I was talking to mommy,” Mayeesha retorted stubbornly.

“Your mommy is tired,” Faisal repeated. “When she’s tired, I face the consequences.”

“Don’t talk to Eesha like that,” Umamah said, patting the girl on the head.