T H I R T Y F O U R

I stood outside the imposing front door

I stood outside the imposing front door. Although the weight of Leone's absence remained heavily on my entire being, I knew I still had to garner as much fuel as I can to resolve all of this shit.

With a deep breath, I raised my hand and knocked, each thud resonating like an echo of my pounding heartbeat.

The door creaked open, revealing a tall, formidable figure-Leone's father. His jade eyes bore into mine with a coldness that almost intimidated the hell out of me, but I refused to let this piece of shit do that.

I have to be strong.

I have to be strong for him, for the both of us.

"Mr. Frasier." I began, my voice steady despite the tremor in my hands. "I'm Dydan, Leone's boyfriend. I-I need your help."

"You're his what?" His gaze hardened, suspicion etched across his face. "What did you just say!?"

"Sir, your son is missing." I bluntly stated, hoping it would maintain his focus at what mattered the most right now.

"What do you want me to do?" He grumbled, his voice laced with utmost ignorance that slowly began to piss me off.

"I need your help to find him!" I couldn't help but begin to sound impatient, my voice cracking ever so slightly as I took a short pause to calm myself down. "I've already talked to the sheriff so they're working on it, but I'm afraid the other boy that's missing is only going to make things much more complicated for them. I wanna help by printing out some missing posters, but I-I'm gonna need pictures of Leone in order to do that."

The man scoffed, his eyes narrowing into angered slits. "Now why would I help you? For what?" His tone carried a mixture of anger and suspicion, only increasing the tension in the air. "So you can find that worthless sissy and make my life a living hell once again!? It's good that he vanished, you should've went along with him! You're both an abomination!" He exclaimed, his breath reeking of pungent alcohol.

"Sir, please." My voice quivered with boiling anger, but I fought to steady it. "Right now, finding him is the most important thing to me. All I ask is that you spare me a picture of your son so I can-" The man prepared to close the door shut, carelessly interrupting my hopeless plead for help.

My words hung in the air, heavy with the weight of unspoken emotions as I forcefully held the door open. "What are you-what the hell do you think you're doing?"

Within a split second, it felt as if all my bottled up emotions had suddenly imploded, causing my hand to burst right through the door. "Your one and only son is missing you piece of shit!" My furious roar echoed all throughout the house as I began to meet Leone's dad with a few swings, brutally pounding my fist against his face and body until he coughed up blood to the side. "You've failed him as a father every single time, but I won't let you fail him this time, not now-not when he's all that I-" I could no longer withhold the tears as I dropped his collar, letting him thrash right back against a wall in a fit of bloodied shock and disbelief.