9. Co-parenting agreement/marriage

Olivia

I sat nervously in the lawyer's office, fidgeting with my bracelet . I can't believe I'm actually doing this. I'm going to face Logan and make a decision about the future of my unborn child.

My lawyer, Ms. Martin, sat across from me, looking poised and professional as always. She gave me a reassuring smile, and I tried to return it, but I'm sure it came out as a grimace.

"We'll get through this, Olivia," she said, patting my hand. "Just remember, we have the law on our side."

I nodded, trying to take comfort in her words. I had been hesitant to involve lawyers in this situation, but Jamie had convinced me that it was the best way to protect my rights as a mother.

After what felt like hours, there was a knock on the door. My heart started pounding in my chest, and I took a deep breath before calling out, "Come in."

Logan stepped into the room, looking surprisingly calm and collected. He nodded to Ms. Martin before turning to face me.

"Olivia," he said, his voice surprisingly soft.

"Let's get straight to the point," I said, my voice steady. "I've made my decision. I want full custody."

Logan's expression darkened, and for a moment, I thought he was going to protest. But then he nodded, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips.

"I understand," he said. "And I'm willing to support you in any way I can. Financially, emotionally, whatever you need."

I raised an eyebrow, surprised by his sudden change of heart.

"What's the catch?" I asked suspiciously.

Logan held up his hands in surrender. "No catch. I've had some time to think things over, and I realized that I don't want to be the kind of father who abandons his child."

I stared at him, unsure whether to believe him or not. But then I remembered what Jamie had said – trust, but verify.

"Fine," I said, trying to keep my voice even. "But we need to set some ground rules. You can't just waltz in and out of the child's life whenever you feel like it. You need to be committed."

Logan nodded. "I understand. And I'm willing to sign any agreement that you and your lawyer come up with."

Ms. Martin cleared her throat, drawing our attention back to her. "Well, then. Let's get started, shall we?" she said, pulling out a stack of papers.

I took a deep breath as Ms. Martin pulled out the stack of papers. This was it. The moment of truth. I glanced over at Logan, who seemed calm and collected, but I knew that there was still a chance he could back out.

Ms. Martin began to explain the co-parenting agreement to him, and I could see the realization dawning on his face. He had already given his word, and he couldn't back out now.

But when Ms. Martin mentioned the marriage agreement, I saw Logan's eyes widen in surprise. He turned to me, clearly taken aback. "I didn't agree to that," he said firmly.

I could understand his concern. Logan had a reputation to uphold, and being married to a pregnant woman wasn't exactly going to help that. But I also knew that this was the only way I could trust him to take responsibility for our child.

"Logan, I know what you're afraid of," I said, taking a deep breath. "But we need to do this. It's the only way I can trust that you'll take care of our child."

"By getting married?" He asked with a hint of annoyance in his voice. "You know quite well that I have a fiancée"

A smile found its way out of me. "You don't" I said boldly. "You're not wearing any ring" I gestured to his hand that was resting on his laps. I noticed that since that day. You can't fool me with that" I said. "If there are no more questions from you, Ms. Martin will go on. I'm sure you have somewhere to be" there was no denying that he was taken aback by my revelation. He had me feeling guilty that his fiancée would be concerned in our problems. Turns out he broke up with her. I don't know the full story yet but Jamie told me he broke up with her on the day of their wedding. I don't know where she got the news from. There was nothing of such on the internet.