Chapter 23: And the Winner is

DO NOT SKIP CHAPTERS OR THIS WILL NOT MAKE SENSE

DO NOT SKIP CHAPTERS OR THIS WILL NOT MAKE SENSE. MAKE SURE YOU DIDN'T SKIP THE LAST FEW CHAPTERS!

The stampede of people rushing to exit the auditorium reminded Rowena of the time she went to a bullfight and the bull got loose.

To be fair, Rowena accidentally let the bull free, but the result was the same--people running for their lives.

"Run!" Someone in the crowd shouted.

Cross pulled Rowena close. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," she said, nodding frantically. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." He pulled her along as he made his way to the opposite side of the people rushing to get out. "I don't think the building will collapse but we don't know if there are other bombs set to blow."

"Who would do this?" Abby asked, coughing. The smoke and dust from the explosion permeated the air.

Next to her, Selig slapped her back. She scowled at him before coughing some more.

"The humans are just about done leaving the building. Your Father and I are going to make sure everyone makes it out safely," Winona told her son. "Matt and Liam, you keep the alpha safe."

"What am I? Chopped liver?" Abby muttered.

Cross rolled his eyes. "Selig and I will keep you safe. Don't worry."

"Now!" Queen Daisy shouted. She was standing a few feet from the stage.

King Giles turned to his wife in surprise. "What is going on here?"

"I didn't know they came to the pageant," Matt said. "Are they here to support Bubbles and Raven?"

Bubbles and Raven ran to the camera recording the pageant for the live broadcast.

"Humans of this planet," Bubbles said frantically. "It's time for you to know the truth."

Raven laughed maniacally beside her.

"You are not alone. There are para--"

"Noooo!" Rowena shouting, pushing herself out of Cross' arms and sprinting to the two fairies. She dove forward knocking Bubbles to the ground. Raven laughed before looking at the stunned queen.

"Turn off the cameras!" Cross shouted. Liam tackled Raven while Abby sat on a crying Bubbles.

"No!" Queen Daisy ran and jumped to the camera at the same time as Matt. She held it in front of her.

"Let it go, Queen Daisy!" Matt pulled the camera away from her.

"Not a chance. It's time the humans knew they're at the bottom of the food chain." Facing the camera, the fairy queen opened her mouth to speak.

"Woman, I warned you!" King Giles lifted his hand and a rush of rainbow glitter filled the air.

Queen Daisy's eyes widened and she grabbed her throat making a choking sound.