THREE

Why do we know,
But act like we don't ?

                   -SEEKER

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Her gaze was fixed over the neat bandage Mustafa had tied when she heard him call her. Humming, she tilted her head, forgoing how she had to stretch her head upwards. Ignoring the voice of her head which was mocking her tiny form in front of him, she focused over him, finding him gazing her with scrutiny.

“What happened ? Is everything alright ?” her heart sped up as if it was running a marathon when Mustafa passed her a nervous smile.

“It is, but I want to tell you something, more like inform you....” No word came out of her mouth and she simply nodded, confronting him to continue. She was sure whatever it was, was not in her favour.

“Badi dado is here.” there it was! The message of the doomsday....Colour drained from her face and she turned pale, groaning at the news.

Badi dado was the only sister of their grandfather... The eldest member of their family. Although she adored the Ahwaan's but she was the woman who was too strict. Having seen her husband marrying another, the tenderness inside her took backseat, leaving the bitter woman rein the command of the broken heart.

She wasn't evil but she meddled too much into other's business, or say she loved to keep people in check. She was more like a brigadier general, turning Ahwaan villa into a military camp whenever she visited.

From Rubana begum, their grandmother... to the younger generation, everyone was kept in trauma. No one was spared. Osama, the troublemaker, was always on her radar, followed by Maria... Well, Maria because she was always accompanied by Osama.

Hassan was the one who preferred to stay low in her presence so she never bothered him, and his twin, had great skills to act innocent, exempting her as well. They were rarely questioned, and Mustafa! He was another story!

While everyone tried to maintain good image infront of Sadia dadi, but Mustafa was the one who topped her list. He was adored! Or say he was worshipped by her. For her he was perfect, the apple of her eyes.

It was a big mystery which Osama tried cracking hard but never came up with any answer till date.

So, they both always hid behind Mustafa to shield themselves... And the same idea was revolving inside Maria's head right now.

“And....” she encouraged him to continue knowing there was more to the story. Mustafa Ahwaan won't scratch his nose for nothing.

Her question was followed by a big pause of his, making her gulp.

“Kuch to bolein you are scaring me with your silence.” she knew she was overeating but she wasn't able to control her lips which trembled. It was better for Mustafa to speak up, else she could end up with a mental breakdown.

(Say something you are scaring me with your silence.)

“Say something...”

But he did not!

She did not let him.

The horses of her innocent mind had already run miles, before Mustafa could assure her.

“Is it what I think it is ?”

“Judging by your expressions, Yes! Unfortunately.” thinking they were sharing the same thoughts, Mustafa nodded confirming her doubts much to her dread.