13: We Are the Same Age?!

Eislyn got out of the river and eyed the area to see new people with the same white uniform as the Morin Kinkel person; they were carrying things out from the laboratory. The commotion made by Eislyn and the rest wasn't subtle and had caught their attention, but they resumed their work normally. They obviously belonged to an official guild based on their professionalism and attire.

She took a closer look at their attire, there was a prominent symbol of a flower on the chest area which she had seen multiple times in the past. That emblem, as expected, belonged to Trance Association—the largest organisation in Aglia.

Sir Romero must have called them here; could he also be a member of Trance Association?

"Don't tell me the artificial demonic beasts injured you?" Sir Romero raised a question.

"Thanks for finally being concerned about me. Nah, I just went overboard. Didn't I succeed in running away from a pack of them? It's a wonder how I'm still alive," she exclaimed as she squeezed the water out of her hair with her hands.

"You ran away from all ten of them?!" Morin, who stayed quiet, opened his mouth again, and it was because he was shocked by her words. She looked so frail, yet she got away from artificial demonic beasts much larger and more powerful than her? Finding out that she survived was amazing.

Eislyn turned to Morin and waved her hand dismissively at him. "Ah, well, it's all thanks to Sir Romero. I ran to him for help, and he burned them all down before they could get me."

It was the correct decision to leave it to him. As expected of my child.

"Please wait a second," Jaeke spoke, seemingly forgetting that he had previously sworn to remain silent due to the fear of dying at the hands of a certain someone. "Does that mean you were the one who discovered the laboratory?"

"Yes?" Eislyn whipped her head towards Sir Romero and quickly understood the situation. That unreliable face of his. She knew that look!

From her reaction, Jaeke calmly took out his notepad and wrote something.

[Failed to provide complete information to the investigation squad.]

Sir Romero didn't need to take a peek to know what that garbage man had noted. It wasn't as if he intentionally hid it; he just forgot about her momentarily. He would have told him once he recalled it, anyway.

"Since the person who discovered it is awake now, she can tell you what you need to know. Isn't it better that way? You are able to get the primary source."

Don't throw your responsibility onto me!

Eislyn wanted to roll her eyes, but because all of the attention was on her now, she resigned and narrated the same story she did to Sir Romero.

"Is that how it was? You really are lucky! If you didn't run to Sir Romero in time, you wouldn't have made it," Morin said, fully invested in the story.

It seemed like they bought her story like Sir Romero. As expected, she was a fantastic actress.

"Yes, you're right! He's my knight in shining armour!" Eislyn wiped away her nonexistent tears with her fingers.

"Sir Romero is even more amazing than the rumours! I'm glad I joined Trance Association!" There were practically stars shining in Morin's worshipping eyes. Those were equivalent to the eyes of a fan idolising their favourite superstar.

Eislyn didn't know when he suddenly turned into a fan of Sir Romero, but whatever it was, it was working in her favour.

Unlike Morin, Jaeke continued to ask questions. "Due to his mistake of arresting you, he's taking the responsibility to get you to the city?"