Don't rain on my parade.

[Silva's POV]

Since Tara left me alone to meet Ronin, I decided to wander the castle a little bit. The walk was calming because I had no destination in mind. I eventually ended up at the falls that ran down the side of our castle - or to a Stomper it would be the small water stream that ran down the side of a rock.

The sound of the water and chilling breeze sent shivers down my spine. Good shivers though. I brushed my skirt down and wrapped my arms around myself. I wasn't cold or anything, I just needed comfort from the anxiety I feel because of today. My gut was telling me that something was going to go wrong but that might just be the General in me.

I watched for a while as Leafmen patrolled the sky above me and the forest nearby. I could hear the crowds lining up for the parade to the Pod Pond in the distance. I was happy for today because our kingdom hasn't had a lot to celebrate recently with all the Boggan attacks.

I sensed someone coming up behind me and, from their heavy footstep, I knew who it was. Just knowing he was near made my anxiety cut in half.

"Today gives me so much anxiety. The future of the forest depends on it and I can't shake this gut feeling I have that something is going to go wrong." I said, letting go of my arms and turning around to see Ronin.

"You feel it too?" He asked and I nodded. "I talked to your sister earlier and things are going to go on as normal, she insisted." He said.

"Yeah, we talked about that earlier. She wasn't too happy to hear my outfit choice because of the normal schedule though." I said with a light chuckle. He looked at me confused. "This is an armor-plated top and I'm wearing pants underneath. This is a tear-away skirt so, just in case something happens, I'll be in my armor. " I told him.

"I couldn't even tell... Well, you uh, you look beautiful nonetheless." He told me, his eyes sparkling as the water reflected in his eyes.

"Thank you, Ronin." I gave a small mock curtsy, using that as an excuse to hide my blush.

"Are you ready, Princess?" He teased me with a light smile, holding out his arm for me to take.

"Let's go, General." I teased him back, taking his arm and letting him lead me to the float.

-----

Dragonflies carried the float as a small team of my Leafmen led us on their hummingbirds. I stood next to my sister on the float, waving to the people down below. Ronin rode next to us on our left on his hummingbird.

Tara and I noticed his normal scowl and chuckled.

"Parade! Fun!" Tara called out.

"Smile, Ronin!" I laughed with my sister. He gave us a small smirk making us happy. We knew that was all we were gonna get from him though.

More and more Leafmen joined us on their hummingbirds as we passed them. I continued to wave down to the crowds below, even waving to some of my Leafmen beside me.

"Hey, Finn!" I called out to my right, seeing him join us. He waved at me before turning back forward.

As we got closer, the crowds thinned, giving us more privacy as we entered the pond walls. My sister grabbed my hand and squeezed it nervously. I gave her an encouraging squeeze back and smiled at her.

The float was lowered until it bounced in the water. The dragonflies and hummingbirds all separated, allowing the float to separate, each individual lily pad floating away.

I walked alongside my sister and she called the small lily pads near us, allowing us to walk on them. Our white flower skirts flowed and trailed behind us. Flowers opened all around us for my sister. We walked under a branch arch and into the Pod pond where hundreds of Pods were.