Rings of Knowledge

[Silva's POV]

We got on top of some kind of elevator that took us down the center of the tree. "The Rings of Knowledge!" Grub gasped in awe. "Is everything that happens really recorded right here?" Grub asked.

"Oh, yeah." Nim confirmed. "And you've read all these scrolls?" MK asked.

"Eh, I've skimmed them." Nim admitted.

I kinda tuned everything out as I closed my eyes a took a few deep breaths, trying to calm my senses. I could only think of the man next to me.

I'm glad that Ronin wasn't hurt in the attack, and now that Tara's gone, he means more to me than before, like if I were to lose him, it would send me to a breaking point.

And the Pod, that was the last thing I had of my sister. Her magic is in that Pod. What happens to that magic if something happens to the Pod?

My spiraling thoughts are interrupted by the elevator coming to a stop. Nim got off and started looking around. "Okay. Blooming a Pod. Got to go way back for that. Here we go! Let's see."

Nim opened the scroll and started reading things out. "Pod, care of. Must keep moist." I saw Grub and Mub give Ronin a look. "Well, good news is, once the Queen chooses it, it's going to bloom, no matter what. But it has to open tonight, in the light of the full moon, when it's at its highest peak. Yep, solstice, full moon, highest peak. Mentions it a bunch of times." Nim said.

"That's comforting to know." I sighed in relief.

"Oh, and here! It says if the Queen isn't there when it blooms in the moonlight, 'The Life of the Forest will be given back to the Name of the Forest.'" He read out.

"What does that mean?" Ronin asked him but Nim just shrugged his shoulders. "First I'm hearing about a 'Name of the Forest.'" He said.

"What happens if it blooms out of the moonlight?" Grub asked.

"Unclear. The last part's missing. I got to be honest, termites have been a problem." Nim said, showing the bottom of the scroll which had been chewed off.

"So, here I thought we were doomed." Nim smiled, rolling up the scroll.

"Does it say anything about the Pod healing anyone?" I asked him.

"Healing people, I've never read anything like that, why?" Nim inquired.

"Because the Pod healed her." MK explained.

"What?" Nim was suddenly interested.

"She had a fatal wound across her stomach, she almost died but the Pod glowed, and then some magic came out, the same magic that Tara turned into. It healed the wound completely and she was fine." Ronin explained.

"No scar, nothing - it's as if it never happened." I explained.

"I could look through some of my scrolls again and let you know if I find anything." He told me and I thanked him. "But in the meantime, we celebrate!" He cheered.

"I supposed we've earned it." Mub said, walking away with his head held high.

I saw MK stay back to talk to Nim, probably to talk about the "being small" issue. I followed Ronin, Nod, Grub, and Mub back downstairs leaving them to talk. I went to hide backstage again when Ronin's hand caught mine.

"I want to show you something, come here." He said, pulling me along through the Tree tunnels. We eventually came to an opening where the setting sun shined through. He led me to the opening and pointed out, giving me a view of the entire forest with Moonhaven in the distance.