35 | Entry 25 - Apologies and Dittany

November 4, 1978

Dear Diary,

I hate fighting, truth be told. And not just with James, with everyone. I hated fighting with Sirius, with our parents, and most of all with Regulus.

I felt like nothing really came out of it, other than scrapes and bruises on both of our bodies and mind.

James came back last week. Not saying everything is fixed, but our time is too short to be wasting time on anger.

A.B.

-

The common room was empty, the fireplace was off, and the cabin was suspiciously quiet. Harry went searching for both Astrid and his father but stopped as he was shocked by the sight of her bedroom.

The scene almost mimicked the crime scenes you see in the muggle mystery movies. Everything had been thrown on the floor, books were scattered around her bed, and there were torn-up papers piling around her trashcan. Upon closer inspection, Harry grew more curious by the second.

Astrid had her own collection of books on dark magic, even ones that the Restricted section of Hogwarts didn't have. Pages were torn from the book and scribbled all over with notes that were blurred. He then checked her desk, finding piles of letters and ink scattered across the desk. Only when Harry tried to get a closer look, did he find himself unable to read any of its contents once again. Another thing that James, or in this case, Harry, did not need to know about.

The front door of the cabin creaked open, drifting Harry's attention away from the letters as he slowly pulled out his wand. Despite the fact that he was in a memory and could not actually be harmed, Harry still proceeded with caution as he walked into the common room.

To his shock, Harry was faced with a bloody, torn-up version of his younger father standing at the front door.

"Astrid!" called James anxiously, wincing in pain as he dragged his body across the cabin, holding his arm tight to his bloody torso. He tumbled into the sitting room as his eyes scanned for any sign of her.

"Astrid!" James called out again, growing frustrated as he struggled to keep himself up as he continued to search for the raven-haired girl. Only once he was faced with the sight of her bedroom did his frustration turn into worry.

His face turned even more pale as he saw the chaos in the room with Astrid nowhere in sight. Not giving it a second glance, he dashed out of the bedroom back into the sitting room looking for the girl.

"Astrid! Astrid! Bloody hell love, where are you? Astrid!"

He only went silent when they both heard someone apparating into the backyard. The older Gryffindor swiftly pulled out his wand, keeping one wand on his torso as he slowly stumbled his way into the backyard.

Once he stepped foot into the backyard, James didn't see anyone, making him more anxious than before. A noise came from behind the forest trees, trying to hide behind the bushes. Keeping his head low, James waited to hear the footsteps closer again before shouting...

"Projecto!"

"Expelliarmus" the Slytherin shouted back stronger as James's wand flew out of his hand and back towards the figure.

James groaned frustrated before his eyes looked up to meet the sharp eyes of his favorite grey eyes.

"You know you could really hurt someone pointing that thing around" Astrid sarcastically said as she flipped his wand in her hand and raised his eyebrow.

"Blimely Astrid, where in the bloody hell were you?!" screeched out James as he threw his hands up in distress.

"Where I was? Sod off Potter. Last I checked you were the one that's been gone for the past few weeks. What the bloody hell is it to you?"

"I saw your bedroom and I couldn't find you and-"

James continued to ramble on until Astrid's face fell in shock, cutting him off.

"What the bloody hell, James." She whispered softly as she quickly walked up to him, quickly grabbing his arm to support him.

James looked down at his torso, once again remembering his pain as he weakly stumbled into her body as his adrenaline wore off.

"Merlin James, come on let's get you inside." Said Astrid quickly as she threw his arm over his shoulder and hauled him back into the cabin over onto the couch.

After settling him on the couch, Astrid quickly left for her bedroom before bringing her first aid supply of potions and wraps. As she set her stuff down beside her on the floor, she fired up the fireplace again.

"Take off your shirt."

"Already trying to seduce an injured man?" James said smugly, trying to lighten the mood before noticing the tired look on her face. He proceeded to slowly take off his shirt with the help of Astrid before leaning back onto the couch and a broken sigh.

"Hold still."

The room went quiet as Astrid went to work cleaning James's wounds. Harry was pleasantly surprised with how knowledgeable Astrid was in healing, even having some potions that he hadn't ever seen outside of the Infirmary at Hogwarts.

James allowed his eyes to wander, not wanting to stare at the Slytherin as she worked in case she got even more irritated than she already was. His eyes scanned around the room until they stopped in the hallway leading to her bedroom.

"What happened before I got here?" questioned James seriously. Upon the confused look on her face, he continued. "Your room, it's a disaster. What happened?"

Astrid's face stayed still, not an emotion passing by. "None of your business."

The room fell silent again as Astrid continued to apply dittany and clean off the blood from his torso.

"What happened to you?" Astrid questioned, as she started to finish applying Dittany to the wound.

"None of your business," James said mockingly. But upon the sharp look in her eyes, as she glared up at him, he chuckled nervously. "Raid, somehow, they knew we were coming and caught us off guard. The first time that's happened."

James waited to see if she would respond to his earlier question, but when he was only met with silence he felt his eyes to fall back onto the fireplace.

Astrid finished healing his wound and cleaned off all the remaining blood. "There, in a few hours, you'll be as good as new." She walked off, putting away her supplies and throwing away the bloody cloth before going to the kitchen to make tea.

She prepared two cups of tea, one with honey and one without.

"You're still a prat, that doesn't change just because you're injured," grumbled Astrid quietly as walked back to the couch, sitting down beside James before passing him the tea without honey.

James chuckled softly as he looked away from the fireplace and onto her face. "I wouldn't imagine it any other way."

The pair sat in silence, both staring into the fireplace and enjoying the warmth from both the fire and their tea.

"Regulus" answered Astrid softly, only to roll her eyes at the confused look on James's face. "We got into...a disagreement. That's why the room's a mess."

James nodded softly, eyes scanning over her tired, worn-out face before throwing his arm around her shoulder. He pulled her closer, pressing their sides against each other as he laid his head on top of hers.

"I'm sorry," he whispered softly into her hair, leaving a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm sorry too."

The Gryffindor and Slytherin both relaxed in each other's arms, enjoying their presence as they enjoyed the sound of the cackling fire.

"I don't know how you add honey to your tea, you've ruined a perfectly good cup of tea doing that." James scrunched his nose as he watched his girl drink from her own cup of tea.

Astrid rolled her eyes playfully at him, "Not everyone enjoys plain-tasting tea like you, James. Not to worry, one day you'll be hooked on it as well, just wait and see."