6

The next few days, Sooho texted her like crazy, until it died down. For a whole day. He didn't text her at all. Yoojin thought it was normal for the playful boy, so she didn't linger on it. Instead, she enjoyed the afternoon at a dog café with Wooyoung. Yoojin adored puppies and would always play around with Huiyeon's puppy when she went to her house.

They ate some sandwiches and Wooyoung ordered a mint chocolate shake while Yoojin ordered a chocolate one.

"Mint chocolate as always?" Yoojin raised an eyebrow. "Didn't you have it today at school?"

"Don't be a hater," Wooyoung said as he sipped his drink.

"You know I'm not. I just prefer the original."

Yoojin didn't mind mint chocolate but one of her favourite flavours was chocolate. She was a simple girl and, in a way, that's what Wooyoung liked about her. She wasn't full of drama like the annoying teenage girls in their class and she wasn't too boring like the nerds. That was how they matched each other well – he could genuinely appreciate her sweet, energetic personality, and she could handle his complicated and hidden thoughts.

Once they had finished eating, they sat on the floor in the other room, playing with the adorable puppies. There were two medium ones and three small ones. The little, white puppy barked while darting around Yoojin.

"I can't believe you dragged me here," the boy whined.

The two medium puppies yapped at Wooyoung, their tiny paws stampeding across his lap. He awkwardly tried to pat them, causing Yoojin to giggle.

"You know you don't have to do what I ask," Yoojin said cheekily.

"I know, but I'll always do whatever you say," Wooyoung flirted.

"Even if I asked you to get me a puppy?"

"Ya, do you know how much work you have to do to look after a puppy? You're always busy with school or work and your parents are busy too."

"Fine. I won't get a puppy," the girl sulked.

Her frown didn't last long when the white puppy jumped into her lap. She hugged the puppy, patting his soft fur. Wooyoung melted at the sight of his happy girlfriend, and he felt extremely lucky to have her.

"But aren't they so adorable? Look how cute he is," Yoojin exclaimed, nuzzling her face against the puppy's. "We should just come here every time we finish exams. This is definitely a good reward from all that studying and stress."

Yoojin ranked near the middle of the class while Wooyoung ranked a bit below her. They weren't bad at studying, but they had other dreams with their life that they believed they could both achieve, and they pushed each other well.

"Sure, we can do that. And for the winter holiday, let's go travelling for a long time. We could even go overseas," Wooyoung suggested.

Yoojin nodded excitedly. Were things really going this well? Maybe Wooyoung would stop beating people up for money soon and fight professionally.

They discussed their favourite countries – America, Japan and France – bouncing off each other well. Simultaneously, Yoojin enjoyed teaching him the best way to touch the puppies. After obsessing over the puppies for a while, they exited the café and Yoojin suddenly got a phone call from Youngyi.

"Yoojin," the other girl sniffled. "Seokdae - Seokdae was arrested."

"What?"

Yoojin knew things were too good to be true.

"What's going on? Where are you right now?" the long-haired girl questioned calmly. 

Wooyoung stood there, looking at her worryingly. On the other end of the line, Youngyi struggled to control her tears.