9

Her suspicion arose two days later though when she was at home and Sooho called her. In a frantic state, he told her that the bullies let it slip that Sieun had been in the hospital and was resting at home. Sooho had visited Sieun, pretending not to know, and decided to get revenge today. Yoojin's mind flashed red lights. How did Wooyoung know about Sieun, Youngyi and Sooho together? 'No way', Yoojin thought. But her fears came true when Sooho explained the situation.

On his birthday, Youngyi got a text from Beomseok but when she went to meet him, she was kidnapped by him and Youngbin's crew. They threated Sooho but Sieun found that text first and after destroying all evidence of it, he went in place of the other boy. That was why he had been missing all this time. And the end of that rushed story, Sooho told Yoojin that he was going to finish it once and for all.

"Let me come with you," Yoojin said, worry covering her voice. "Where are you right now?"

While she spoke, she stuffed on her shoes and grabbed her keys. She locked the house and ran to the direction of his place.

"I'm not home; I'm just, um, somewhere. I'm sorry, Yoojin. This is all my fault, and I should be the one in the hospital, not Sieun," Sooho's words caught in his throat as he tried to sound strong and hide his anger. "Don't try and find me. Just forget about me, okay? I'm sorry, I shouldn't have told you, but you deserved to know."

"Sooho! Don't you dare do this right now! We're friends and we help each other out no matter what. None of this is your fault... It's Beomseok's fault. Just tell me where you are."

"I'm sorry, Yoojin."

"Sooho!"

The boy hung up and Yoojin called his name into the empty phone. Her brother took over her and she let out a curse. Where would they be? Her fingers kept twirling around the ends of her hair while her eyes fluttered everywhere, trying to think of their location. They wouldn't go to Sooho's house to beat him up, not when his mum would be home. She tried calling Wooyoung, but he didn't pick up. Obviously. She tried Youngbin but he didn't pick up either. Sooho, Wooyoung, Youngbin and his friends.

That's it! Wooyoung always live broadcasted his fights no matter what. This was even going to be one of his greatest fights with his nemesis. She would be late arriving there, but it was the best she could do. Getting the app open on her phone, she searched for Wooyoung and immediately found his profile. He was live right now. She clicked on his video. It was her first time watching him fight and she trembled with trepidation.

As soon as it showed the place, she turned it off; that was all she needed. The boxing gym. Of course – how poetic. The camera had highlighted Wooyoung's handsome face and rippled, brown hair in a middle shot after he just turned it on, and it faced the large boxing ring. A daunting, cage-like square in dim lighting. Good, she wasn't too late. Pocketing her phone, she hailed down a cab and urged the driver to hurry there.

When she finally made it, she ran inside, pushing the door open with a bang.

"Stop!" she blurted out.

She paused to take a breath and survey the scene. All eyes had turned to her. Wooyoung was all sweaty and wore grey tracksuit clothes and black fingerless gloves. He was with Sooho up in the boxing ring. Beomseok stood in front proudly. Youngbin and his five friends stood adjacent to Beomseok.

"Yoojin, what are you doing here?" Wooyoung stuttered, now frozen.

"I swear to god, if you don't get down here right now, Wooyoung," Yoojin threatened with tears bursting to spill.

Wooyoung was at a loss at what to do. He never expected Yoojin to be here but it was a nightmare coming alive. The boy didn't want to fight in front of her, and Youngbin was just as anxious. However, the atmosphere seemed to keep Beomseok and Youngbin's friends on a high.