CH 50 || Perfectly Sob

We returned to join the others, and Suz immediately snatched my hand. "We're here to celebrate, and you two are not a thing yet. You can't monopolize Tay all the time!" she exclaimed, shooting a suspicious look in Killian's direction.

Killian sighed but, this time, didn't argue as Suz pulled me away.

The frat house was huge. After being dragged through several hallways, I finally realized that it was the same house where I'd met Killian the first time. And just like before, the garage had been transformed into a makeshift dance floor.

We spent the next hour dancing and laughing our asses off. Nick kept providing us with a steady flow of drinks—some sort of berry juice for me. After the third one, I started to loosen up and truly enjoy myself. Nick let us do our thing, but he remained close by in case any guy dared to ignore Suz's intimidating glare and approach us.

Suz excused herself to use the restroom, leaving me alone for a moment. I took another sip of my drink and realized I'd emptied another cup. This stuff was easier to drink than water, but at least the sugar helped me maintain my energy.

Suz appeared with a disgruntled expression on her face. "Tay, there you are. Where's your phone?" she asked, her tone slightly exasperated.

For some reason her question made me grin.

"Tay?" she repeated.

"My phone?" I patted my pockets but came up empty. Where was my phone?

Suz let out a breath. "Killian is looking for you."

"He is?" I sat up straighter. "Where?"

"I don't know. Where's Nick?"

"Nick? I haven't seen him since he brought me a refill." I held up my cup proudly.

She searched around the room but suddenly turned to me. "Huh? What are you drinking?"

"Juice!" I proclaimed in a loud voice.

She grabbed my cup and sniffed it. Her eyes widened. "Were you drinking this the whole time? How many of these have you had?"

"I've had..." I stopped and raised my fingers to count. "One... Two... Five?"

"Nick is dead when I find him," Suz quipped. "Dead. You do realize there's alcohol in this, right?"

A giggle broke from my chest. "No, no. It's juice."

She gave an eye roll. "You're drunk already."

"What?" I tried to sound stern. "I'm perfectly sob."

"Sob?"

"So-b." What was it called again?

"You mean...sober?"

I clapped my hands. "Yes!"

She sighed again and reached for my arm. "Let's go."

"But—" I stared at the cup in her hand which she promptly placed out of reach.

"No."

"But, why?"

Instead of replying, Suz began to push me outside. My whole focus switched on placing one foot in front of the other. I never knew walking needed this much attention. I giggled again.

I blinked. We were outside and fresh air cooled down my skin. I hadn't realized how hot it was inside.

"Let me call Nick. After giving you this much he better find your phone..."

I stopped listening at the sight of that familiar back. Target acquired. "Hey, you! Stop right there!"

Suz's gaze followed my finger to see Killian stop short and look around.