Chapter 28 - Awkward meeting.

Lucas seems a bit awkward before he headed towards the gazebo along with Zane, Blaze and the crown prince Zavier. As they were nearing the gazebo, they noticed Adonis sitting quietly admiring the nature and looking distantly at the still water of the pond.

Adonis noticed presence of few people approaching her which make her go into alert mode and looked back only to find Zay along with what looked like 2 human kids and the tower mage who helped me out during the attribute testing but what are they doing here and why are they all approaching me together?

Adonis looks a bit confused but still greeted everyone around. Before anyone could respond back or say anything, Zane rushed towards Adonis with his arms wide open asking for a hug and calling her, " mama I missed you. Where were you for the past few days?"

Adonis instinctively opened her arms and hugged the baby but as soon as she hears him calling her mama, her eyes were wide opened.

Adonis replied with a bit of unsurity, " Umm.. I think you are mistaken and you are thinking of me as your mother. I am quite young to be your mother kiddo. "

Zane stubbornly replied, " No you are my mother. You saved me from bad people, you were there to protect me, fight for me and you were the first person I saw when I was born. I can never be mistaken when it comes to my mama. "

Zane started tearing up by the thought of her mother not remembering him and said in a crying voice, " Mama was the one who asked me to be a good boy and trust other people, give them a chance. That's why I agreed and find papa but you were long gone before I could let you know how good I have been. "

" Zane cried pitifully and complained, " I am so sorry Blaze, mama doesn't remember me. She does not know us anymore. I was so excited for you to meet her but I am sorry. "

Blaze looked at Zane confusingly. Zane was upset at her mother for not recognizing him, he jumped down from her arms and went to Lucas and complained, " Papa I am so sad. Mama here doesn't remember me. "

Lucas kindly knelt down and explained to him, " Zane, remember when I told you that your mother wants to be alone from us. It's not that your mother doesn't love you, it's just that she has forgotten our encounter all together. You do know that your mother was not in a good condition when she met us. It was a very painful memory for her. "

" Zane, let's not blame your mother. Give her some time and she will remember us. Don't cry. Mother will not like you if you cry like this. "

Zane: " You are right papa. Zane will not cry anymore. I don't want mama to hate me. "

Zane quickly wiped his tears and smiled at Lucas, " See, I look good now. Mama won't hate me now. "

Lucas: " Good boy. "

Adonis was now even more confused, " Hold on, What is going on here? Can someone please explain this to me? "

Adonis looked at Lucas and said, " What the hell were you talking to a kid about? I have never even met you before let alone have any relationship with you, until the magic attribute testing incident and I am grateful to you for taking care of me but this is all so ridiculous. "

Crown Prince Zavier intervened and looked at Adonis while he sayed, " Calm down Dona, don't let your anger take over your senses. Let me handle this situation. "

Adonis looked at him and said, " But Zay, you know I ...."

Crown prince Zavier cuts her off in the middle of the sentence and looked at the baby dragon Zane and asked him, " Zane, if you don't mind me asking you, Can I know where did you saw your mama for the first time? "

Zane: " Yes, I was still inside the egg when mother found me. Due to her presence around, I was able to hatch out of the egg and she hold me close to herself in her arms. Even when Akhlys came in, she hold me closer and protected me with all her might despite her being in a very critical situation. "

" Mama thought he was there to steal me. So, she protected me and even had a verbal argument with him. Eventually they made amends and come to a common grounds. "

Zay listened attentively and asked again, " What do you mean by critical condition Zane. Can you please explain a bit to me about that? "

Zane: " Yes, mama was already deeply injured when she was in the forest when she found me. She was actually there looking for someone who could help her. "

" I don't know the details of the incident since I met her while she was still deeply injured. It felt like she was poisoned by something or someone from the aura and also, she was in her astral form, I mean in her soul form as she was swaying back and forth at the end of everything that happened during that time. "

Zay looked guiltily at Adonis and said to her, " Do you perhaps by any chance remember on what happened while you were in the coma during the banquet hall assassination attempt? It seems like you met them during that time. "

Adonis: " The events from those days are a bit blurred in my mind but I do remember that I met Felicity and he suggested me that, I go look for the poison king to help me remove or get used to the poison in my body. That's when I met basilisk, I mean Akhlys and I remember a baby hatched from the egg and I was protecting it. "

Adonis gasped while looking at Zane and said, " So, you are that baby from before. You grew up quite a lot. I didn't even recognize you. "

Zane looked happily at Adonis and exclaimed, " Yeahhh, mama remembers me now. "

Adonis laughed at Zane's antics and said, " Yeah, I do remember you and I remember to be your guardian and asked you to call me mama. I am so sorry baby for not remembering my promise to you. "

Zane: " I forgive you mama, when you made amends with Akhlys, the poison was taking a toll on you. So, we all were trying our best to keep up with the strong poison which has already infiltrated in your system. "

" While we were all removing it, we noticed your soul form was swaying back and forth. You probably didn't see but it was papa's power which made the last push we required to save you from losing you forever. "

" Papa helped you at that time and I kept my promise to you by giving people chances, I trusted in your words and formed a contract with papa. I was hoping to meet you soon so I can inform you and see how much proud you will be, but you never came to visit me. "

Adonis: " I am so sorry baby. Mama actually forgot the events on that day and I indeed didn't see your papa. "

Adonis turned to Lucas and apologized, " I am extremely sorry for my earlier behaviour and thank you for always being there to save me in my crisis. "

" I don't know how I can repay your debt on me for saving me so many time. " Adonis exclaimed guiltily.