Chapter 33 - Club Activities.

Lucas POV: 

After the classes ended, I made sure to go with Adonis. I need to confirm something and I can only do it if I stay beside her. I need to know why did I regain my memories of my parents after touching her and I also need to make sure that she means no harm to me or anyone. 

Just as I had planned, I followed her and her group. Everything so far has been going smoothly. No signs of her being the evil person but I can't let my guard down yet. I need to confirm that and make sure of it before trusting her. 

We went to the library to follow up with the assignments assigned. Looks like she is the leader of the group. She assigned everyone to do some reaserch while she asked me to follow with her to complete the task, I willingly went with her. It's a perfect opportunity for me to know more about her. 

We went to the librarian and asked her, if we can borrow the magic mana and affinity testing ball, the Librarian was skeptical at first and seeing her confusion, Adonis added that they need it to do their assignment given to them by professor Ralph. 

Hearing her explanation, the remaining doubt the librarian had towards us was clear. She lent us the ball and ask us to return it back once the testing is performed and done since more people will be coming in to borrow. 

Adonis promised to return it back to her and we borrowed the ball but the issue was it still needed to be imbued with magic to check our magic level. So, I ended up helping them with the magic imbued on the ball. 

We went back to the rest of the people and started with the test. Soon, my turn came in and I restrained a part of my magic so that the levels and the HP won't go higher than these people so far but it seems like it didn't work as it showed my level to be 5 and my HP to be that of 8 points. 

Damn it, I will be revealed in no time if this keeps going. I need to hide my abilities, let's see how can I cover it up but before I can do anything, Adonis's check revealed the same level as mine and same 8 digit HP but higher than mine. I guess I don't need to worry about it anymore. 

Once the testing was done, everyone decided to head over for the clubs but before that, Adonbis mentioned to everyone to not reveal their actual levels and HP yet as the highest which was recorded in history was 7 digits HP and it will not be good if they reveal it. Also, those who got lower HP does not need to worry as I know how we can increase our HP and mana reserves. 

With that, my worries were all reduced, receded and now I will be able to focus more on the other things I need for the confirmation of the powers this girl possess over me. I really need to figure out the connection as to why did I regain my memories after all these years and that's also when I touched her while she was unconscious. What is this connection? 

The earlier I find out this connection the better it is for me, till then I will stay close by her side and see if I had the same reactions or this time around which memories will show up when I will touch her. Only time will tell me.

Present Timeline: 

Lucas looked at Adonis and said, " Since we have the same level of magic, is it alright if I join all the clubs similar to you? I mean this way you can help me out as well for me to enter in the entertainment club. "

Adonis smiled and replied, " Sure Luke, Why not? I mean we still have to clear the mock test in order for us to enter those clubs. Let's prepare together and try our best to pass the tests. I will also try my best to help you out. " 

Lucas thanked Adonis and they both headed in the directions of the clubs. They filled out the forms one by one and entered the clubs where they were notified that the mock test will begin in 3 days and they don't have to excel in them but they still have to pass the standards of the club in order for you guys to join them. 

The clubs representatives reminded everytime to them whenever they both entered to a new club that, they are allowed to enter as many clubs as they want with the conditions to pass the mock test and to promise not to have any effects on the studies. 

Once they both filled out all the forms and submitted to each club representatives, Adonis asked Lucas, " Aren't you hungry? I mean do you wanna grab lunch together in the cafeteria? I don't know about you but I am starving after the testing and filling out the forms for the clubs, I am pretty much exhausted and need to refill food in my stomach. " 

Lucas laughed at Adonis's remarks and said, " Let's hit the cafeteria and stuff some food in our stomach. I too am hungry now after listening to your descriptions. " 

Adonis poked lucas and said, " Oh come on, you don't have to exaggerate that much now, do you? Let's just eat. "

Lucas followed Adonis and they both headed to the cafeteria together. They both order the food they want to eat and grab a decent place to sit and eat food while chat a bit. 

Once seated, both of them started to eat their lunch and after almost finishing everything up in their plate did Adonis said out loud, " Finally, I feel stuffed now after eating food, earlier, I was so famished that I could eat anything. "

Lucas once again laughed at Adonis statement, " You seem pretty outgoing. I can never imagine myself to be the same way as how you are, I mean in terms of personality. " 

Adonis smiled a bit before she sighed and said, " I was not always like that. Don't worry though, I will definitely help you out. "

Adonis then remembered her life as Isabella when she was introverted and she would avoid any social activities or any kind of interactions at all. She was the person who was comfortable with just being at home and playing her games, that way nobody will judge her or be a two faced people doing back bitching behind their back and be kind on their faces. I have never liked those people and I don't know when I started to isolate myself from the rest of the world. 

When she was reincarnated into this world, she never realized that her desire to overcome her death flag was so strong that she started to open up a bit with the people who she can call her friends. She made a promise to herself that she will change her course of fate and enjoy the life which she didn't enjoy in her past life. 

This dedication of hers lead to who she is now. It wasn't easy for her to be outgoing at first but she realized bit by bit that these people in the world are not like the people from the world she came from and she started to change herself bit by bit. She is glad for that but she is still not so comfortable to let her friends know that she has reincarnated and this world is a game she played in her previous life. 

I wonder how my parents are doing after hearing the news of my demise. 

Adonis sighed again and Lucas asked her, " Is everything alright? You seem a bit different from your usual self. " 

Adonis laughed dryly at the question and said, " It's nothing. I just think I know why you are hesitent on opening yourself out in the world. " 

" I used to be the same as you. I always hated people who would talk behind their back and be kind on their face. Rather than hating those people, I loathed them and started to isolate myself from the rest of the world but eventually I realized not everyone is same and it's not fair to judge everyone with the same mentality. They deserve a chance as well. "

" I just hope that you will give a chance to the world like how I asked Zane to give a chance to the people around the world. "