Chapter 3: A Shocking Revelation

It's the day that Royal Family of Clari will arrive. The Kingdom of Montegi was preparing for their arrival. Before they were to come to the restaurant, they are to go to the castle. Guards were keeping the crowds in check. Girls shrieking every time Prince Aaron's name was mentioned, who is next in line for the throne. Then there's me, making the preparations for their meal. Still somewhat a nervous wreck.

For an appetizer I plan to make hors d'oeuvres. The entrée will be Seared Duck. For dessert, Mr. Foster told me to prepare them the white chocolate cake I prepared him the other day. A few hours later the time has come. I had just finished plating the appetizers and started working on the entrée, when Mr. Foster told me they were here. Andrea, the waitress, took the plates to the dining room. About 20 minutes later, she came back with empty plates. The Seared Duck was just about finished and I started to put it on the plate. She picked up the plates and went back to the dining room. She hasn't said anything yet and Mr. Foster hasn't come in the kitchen. Hopefully that means that everything is going smoothly. Andrea came back in with the empty plates and took the plates with the white chocolate cake. I took the empty plates and started washing them when Mr. Foster came in. "Janelle they would like to speak with you." I almost dropped the plate when I heard those words. I turned off the water and dried my hands. I fixed myself to look presentable.

I went out to the dining room, hoping that nothing bad happened. As soon as I entered the dining room I was greeted by his majesty, King Michael and her majesty, Queen Abigail. Along with Prince Aaron and Princess Kimberly Kate. King Michael said to me, "Please sit." He pointed to a spot in front of him. I did what I was told and sat in front him, sitting up straight.

"What is your name?" I replied, "My name is Janelle." "What is your last name?" I said, "I'm not sure about my real last name, but my adoptive last name is Delgado. I'm an orphan." His majesty looked at me with surprise. "Janelle, you truly have a gift! Mr. Foster told me you are only 19. It is incredible that you were able to make such delicious dishes at this age and an orphan. We all loved your dishes tonight and Kimberly Kate is very picky about her food." I was relieved that they enjoyed their meal. "Your majesties, I'm glad that you enjoyed your meal. Although I am an orphan the orphanage director was the one who adopted me and she treated me well. They supported me all the way."

However his majesty did not respond to that. Instead he was looking at my neck. "I hate to be rude your majesty, but is something wrong." That seemed to snap him out of thoughts and he said quietly, "Where did you get that locket?" I looked at my neck and saw my locket. It's usually hidden because of my chef coat, but today it was somewhat visible. "Honestly your majesty, I don't know. They found this on my neck when I was found at the orphanage gate." There was silence until his majesty spoke up, "May I see your locket?" I looked at him with a confused look. "Of course, but may I ask why." Then he said the words I never thought I'd hear.

"I know how to open it."

I was shocked. Prince Aaron and Queen Abigail looked at me. I replied, "Your majesty... H-How did you know I've never been able to open it?" He gave me an earnest gaze. "Trust me Janelle." I trusted him and reluctantly gave him my locket. He took the locket off its chain. He then took off his ring and took out the jewel. Then he replaced it with... my locket? How did he remove the jewel? Suddenly I heard a soft click. My locket was... open. The King looked at me with joy and happiness. Queen Abigail started to cry. Prince Aaron was clearly shocked. Princess Kimberly Kate sat there confused like me. Suddenly the King embraced me, as well as the Queen. "Ayana," they whispered.

What is happening?

They both pulled away from me and asked, "When did they find you at the orphanage?" I answered still confused, "Well, when I was around three." His majesty then said, "Janelle, you are the long lost princess of Clari. We lost you when you were 3. You were kidnapped. We tried our best to find you, but after years of searching we assumed you were dead." Tears started to fall. Me? The princess? Not possible. I asked the King, "How can you be so sure that I'm your daughter, the Princess of Clari? What if someone put the locket on me? I'm sorry for questioning you, but I just want to make sure." He sighed, "If you want to make sure that you are my daughter. I will issue a DNA test, but you must agree to come back to Clari with us. I know you're my daughter, Ay- Janelle.

I hesitated at first, but agreed to go to Clari. They explained everything to Mr. Foster and to Miss Mary. I packed a few essentials and Miss Mary walked us out. But before I left I asked if I could speak to Miss Mary. They agreed, took my luggage, and waited for me in the car. I turned to Miss Mary, but before I could say anything she said, "I know that you think it's not possible you are the princess, but I know it's true. I knew you were special from the start. It's natural that you are the princess. You have the qualities to be a princess. You'll be a great princess." I started to tear up. "Miss Mary it's not official yet. Plus I'm not graceful like a princess." She smiled and gave me a hug. "You're a quick learner. Janelle, you'll be fine. I'll miss you." "I'll miss you too. I promise I'll come back soon." I pulled away from the hug and went inside the car. I know this might be strange, but I'm somewhat wishing that I'm not the princess. Then I think these people might be my real family. The next day we entered the luxurious private jet and flew to Clari.