flowers

"my hair?" Neji asked to reassure he had heard right

"Yeah" the girl stood her ground

After Neji didn't reply for a second or two Tenten took the liberty and said 

"I think it's a great idea! Could I come along?"

"sure!" they both agreed

"Perfect." she said determined "let's go Neji!" and she took his arm to make him stand up and followed the kids onto the flower field and settled on the ground

...

It turned into a very imperfect and thus even more beautiful braid that the girl made with Nejis long brown hair. Meanwhile the boy was picking all sorts of flowers and they were just putting them in his hair.

Tenten watched them with delight and picked some flowers along with the little boy and tied it to a flower crown, as best as she can remember how it's done but she did a decent job!

Neji was holding still as though he were meditating, but once in a while seemed a little disturbed in his peace. haha.

This whole process might have taken them 20 minutes and eventually their father called the kids to eat some food before they would pick up their journey again. The girl came in front of Neji to have a look at her work and was greatly satisfied!

She had a big smile on her face and said "Yes! You look beautiful!" before running off to the others, her brother running behind her

the sun was shining brightly and now hung much lower in the sky, turning its color from blue to a mix of orange, pink and blue

"Haha, they're adorable." Tenten was done making her flower crown and put it on Nejis head

"Now it's perfect." she said,

"I feel like a doll" Neji says solemnly and brings his braid to the front to look at it in thoughtful silence

"They just like you" Tenten replied 

then a strong wind hit out of nowhere. Many loose flower pedals were flying out of Nejis hair as it blew in the breeze, the hairs in the front of his face dancing almost violently covering it and the flower crown flew, from one moment to the other, off his head into the far flower field.

They couldn't catch it but to be honest Tenten missed the opportunity to even try, she was taken by the sight.

"You look so beautiful.."she said absentmindedly, dreamingly

Neji looked back at her.

The wind calms down again and silence follows the sound of the grass all around them.

She really said that. At this point, she doesn't even know where she is getting her courage from. Maybe it took a weight off her when she decided to not have a crush on Neji, that now her thought were leaking, her feelings were leaking.

That wasn't the plan...

after Neji continues his silence and just before Tenten was going to apologize, because of whatever reason! She didn't know what else to do, Neji stood up.

"uhm, thanks" he said softly under his breath

then he started to unwind his braid and shake the flowers out of his hair, then he walked over to the where the others were. A few flowers remained in his hair.

Tenten kept sitting on the field, looking after him with a tight chest.

Then she also got up.