bad weather

The next day it rained terribly. It had started the evening before and just didn't seem to stop.

The group kept on going, even though that they considered to put up camp earlier today as it might be dangerous to keep walking on these grounds at night.

"That stupid weather!!" the old lady cursed

The kids occasionally played in the mud but being all wet and cold wasn't their favorite thing either...

Tenten and the others had been through worse storms but that doesn't make it any better.

The day was advancing further and further and soon they would settle for camp, the kids were playing up front with Tenten when suddenly the grounds shook.

The muddy and wet ground just moved in one go down the hillside they were walking on.

"AAAAH!!" the children screamed and Tenten tried to grab onto them and successfully grabbed their arms. 

The earth of the ground was well mixed with all the water that came from the sky and made Tenten sink into it to her knees. Having to bend down to reach the children, the movement of the mud forces her to fall over.

Just keep close to the kids! Don't let go! was all Tenten was thinking about that moment but the boy gradually slipped from her grip.

She tried very hard to hold on but it got more difficult with every second. "NEJI!! LEE!! GUY SENSEI!!" she needed help, this was serious

Just then a pair of hands got a hold of her. They were sure and determined and heaved her and the girl in her arms out of the mud.

They jumped into the air and to the portion of the hill side that was unaffected by the landslide, to where the others were waiting.

Neji let them down, they were full of mud.

"Are you okay?" Tenten said in a worried voice to the little girl

she nodded. Tenten gave her mores strokes on her back to assure her that they were fine now. then she thought about the boy and panic got her "Where is Kenta??" she asked

Just then Lee emerged from the area of the landslide, carrying the even younger boy in his arms. He was awake and seemed fine. "He is okay." Lee stated

Puh. Tenten was relieved and let out a big sight. All that came very suddenly and what would she have done if something would have happened to Kenta.

The boy left Lees arms and came running over to his sister and eventually their father joined and calmed them down. Even more relieved than Tenten might have been, overjoyed that nothing happened to his children. 

He thanked them for their hard work

The sight of the happy family made Tenten emotional, she had to smile

just then a familiar hand touched her shoulder

"are you okay?" Neji said in a quiet voice

"Ah yeah! yeah, I'm okay" Tenten said a little louder than she intended

"good" he added

she stood up and tried to remove some mud from her clothes, having little success but the rain carried on, she's be fine.

They eventually found a good space under tall trees that allowed them some shelter for the night.

-

The rain subsided the next day and they finally reached the village where the family lived in.

Saying their goodbyes the children go and give hugs, the father shakes hands and the grandma says goodbye in her very own way...

giving a last suspicious eye to Neji and Tenten

"Impossible that lady, cannot keep out of other people business, how annoying" Neji had said after they left the village behind them again.

It was a nice mission, something calm once in a while was good too! It's a little like vacation

these were Tentens thoughts now that the sky was clear again and the temperature also rose a little, making it a nice journey actually.

Without the family they were way faster and would only have to set up camp once. So eventually that is what they did after the sun set.

But Tenten didn't really feel like sleeping. She went to find a clearing just a a minute away from the burned out fire place. 

The night was dark and quiet, the sky still clear so you could see the stars...