Chapter 29

With a list and a basket in her hand, Cordelia walked along the path that led the way to the market nearby Morgana's cottage.

For Morgana had asked them a favor. Cordelia and Leon would buy the ingredients for their meal, while Dahlia and Killian would hunt for meat. Since they were staying in Morgana's home, they all agreed.

Having been there so many times before, Cordelia felt relieved that she still recognized the path. But of course, she didn't come alone. Not when Leon wouldn't let her leave his sight.

"Delle." He called lovingly.

Ever since that night, he suddenly became very clingy. Cordelia couldn't even step foot in a room without him tailing behind her.

"Delle." He called again, smiling as he walked beside her.

Finally grasping her attention, Cordelia turned to look at him. "Yes, Leon?"

He smiled, intertwining his fingers with hers. "Call me love from now on." Said Leon.

"Pfft."

His brows softly furrowed. "What's so funny?" He grumbled. "Aren't I considered your love?" Leon looked at her with a pout.

"Well," She paused, still holding her smile as she pinched his nose. "You did say that you would work on earning my love back."

'Indeed, you are, my love.' Was her answer in her mind. The very answer that she could not give yet.

"I did." Came his immediate answer.

"Then only after you succeeded, I shall call that endearment."

"Then until then, I'll be the only one to call you by that endearment." He smiled.

Cordelia pursed her lips, looking at him strangely. "You need not call me by that if you don't want to."

"No, I'll keep calling you with endearments." He spoke stubbornly. "After all, you are my beloved wife."

"My first friend. My first comforter. My first love. The little girl I first met. It's all you."

Hearing that, Cordelia's cheeks began to feel warm, turning into a light shade of red.

"You're making me feel embarrassed." She mumbled. It was only seconds after that when Leon suddenly leaned in for a kiss, laughing tenderly.

"You're adorable when you're embarrassed." He murmured against her lips as he pulled her into an embrace.

Leon softly shoved his tongue inside her mouth, gently sucking on her upper lips. But when she felt his hands squeezing her ample bosoms...

"Ow..!" Leon was forced to pull away from Cordelia upon feeling the light sting on the side of his abdomen. She, who had just pinched his side, carefully fixed her dress.

"We're almost at the market, Leon. We must refrain from doing something vulgar, especially out in the open in the middle of the day like this" Though flustered, Cordelia scolded Leon.

In response, he pouted. "Then it is alright if we do it in our room? After all, we will be staying together for the next few days." He smile innocently.

Since Morgana's cottage only had three rooms, it was only enough to accommodate herself, Cordelia, and Dahlia. Of course, Leon and Cordelia had to share rooms and share the only bed in it.

Her cheeks burned lightly as she heard that. She pinched him again as they continued to walk through the path, resulting to another ow from Leon.