Goldilocks

What ever is behind the door becomes more frantic as it begins to screech and scream as it rattles the door handle relentlessly. One thought crosses my mind to try and gain the upper hand, so I plant my feet into the floor before strongly kicking the door in. The room is dark with the window boarded up and a strong rancid smell expels from inside the room. It remains quiet for a short time as I look to see a tatty rag doll sat by the door and when I think to pick it up the screeches start again with a terrifying sight.

A person of rotten bones and decomposing flesh lashes out at me with a make shift rusted blade. I stagger back on each swipe of the blade, the sight of the creature frightens me as she screeches and screams. Staring at me with her hollowed out eyes and her ripped skin like she had been eaten slowly by insects. I run back jumping over the stair's wooden rail, but with my hand bearing all my weight on the old wooden rail it unfortunately gives way under my weight and I fall onto the stairs breaking straight through them falling into the cellar.

I wake in pain and in a heap of rubble on the floor of the cellar. I can barely move with the pain but I somehow get to my feat and look up at the gaping hole that I had created. I look to see the mummified girl leaning over the hole breathing angrily and with a lust for pain. I pick up the closes object to be used as a weapon but when the mummified girl jumps down into the cellar I fall back stepping onto a broom that catapults upwards hitting the girl with the broom head.

All I hear is the snap of her neck and a thud as her body hits the floor. She seems to lay lifeless on the floor so I break the broom head from the broom handle and carefully walk towards her. Before I even reach her I am pushed away with severity by a dark shadowy figure that kneels down beside the girls body sighing. The dark figure whispers a prayer before pulling out a sword and cuts of her head. Grabbing the girls hair the figure carries her head to the corner locking it in a chest.

The girl's body twitches, cracks as she begins to move slowly and before I even have the chance to do anything the figure swing around stabbing its sword straight through her heart. The dark figure continues its prayer towards the girl and when finished it speaks to me slowly.

“Pythose dares not enter the house he was born... Though logic determines you are not a threat, I must insist that you leave or I you will share Goldi's fate”

I do not leave immediately as I first ask the dark figure. “Should I fear you?”

The figure simple points its sword to my face swiftly saying “go!” and nothing else. I ascend the stairs of the cellar hearing the dark figure quietly weeping as he stays knelt over the girls lifeless body. I slowly make my way out of the cottage nursing my wounds caused by the fall and suddenly, as I exit the cottage, a cold chill runs down my spine as a familiar grow from behind be grabs my attention.

I turn around to look, I see another dark figures silhouette but this one is familiar and as the nights cold winds blow against its fur I remember the fear I was hoping to hide away from by staying in the cottage. A familiar voice, “The games is not over”, A familiar sense of anguish regenerates from within my heart. Once again the beast of the night stand before me in a hail of terror and blood lust fever that drips from its sharpened teeth.