6| first day

Avery

The day that I had been dreading was finally here, Monday. I had woken up a little earlier than usual this morning to make sure I had everything ready for today. I also made sure to take my anxiety medicine since I had spent an hour yesterday packing my school bag worried if I had the right stuff or not, I did not need something like that to happen today.

After my shower I left my hair to air dry into it's natural wavy state. I chose to stay in my robe until it was time to change since I didn't want to ruin my clothes while I ate.

I walked down the elegant staircase running my finger along the rails, it was so weird to think about how I'm living now compared to before. I walked into the kitchen with my nose instantly being filled with the smell of bacon.

"Morning guys" I greeted my mom and Greg and I grabbed a plate and began to serve myself.

"This smells amazing mom" I looked over all the food.

There was an array of eggs, potatoes, and bacon laid out on the counter top.

"Morning sweetie, how are you feeling?" She asked genuinely. I knew she was a bit worried as well since she knew about all of my old school experiences.

"Good, I think I got this" I slightly smiled as I picked up my fork and began eating.

"You'll do great Avery, if you need anything don't forget that Easton is there too" Greg chimed in, I was grateful he was trying to make me feel more comfortable in this situation without even knowing the details.

"I hope so"

As I had finished breakfast I got up to clean my plate when my mom spoke up.

"Oh I almost forgot!" She spoke.

I looked at her questionably as she got up from her chair and walked over to me.

"Come with me" She said as she led me through the house with her hands on my shoulders.

As we got to the garage she opened the door revealing a large room filled with many cars, all types of variations as well.

"Wow mom this is so cool! Whose are these?" I asked in awe as I looked around.

"Most are Greg's, some are mine but.." She paused.

"This one is yours" She smiled as she held out a car key.

"Oh my god! Thank you! I can't believe you got me a car" I ran up to her hugging her.

She passed me the keys and we walked over to a white jeep.

"Mom this is perfect, I love it!" I squealed.

"Im glad you like it hun, now you'll be able to get around. Alright well it's time for me to go but get to school safely. I'll see you soon" She kissed the top of my head before walking out.

I circled my car in joy looking at every inch of it. I had never owned my own car before, sure I had my license since I was 18 but we had always only owned 1 car which meant there wasn't a lot of time for me to drive.

Remembering I needed to get ready, I walked back into the house, running to go up to my room in excitement. I was still undecided on what I wanted to wear so I went with simple low rise jeans and a white square neck cropped long sleeve. I paired it with my gold jewelry and white shoes.

Feeling my heart rate increase as I got closer and closer to being ready made my palms sweaty and my head burn. Just breathe, you got this. I tried to remind myself.

Finished getting ready, I grabbed my school bag and new car keys. On the way down I had seen Easton.

"Hey good morning" I smiled.