41| where it all began

*3 years later*
Landon

Since the moment I had met Avery, I knew she was everything I wanted in life. She was always the first person by my side if I needed even through our ups and downs. I never expected to meet someone like her but damn did I fall hard.

I never felt as much care or love towards any girl before, she was my first love and I planned on making her the last.

Now that we were out of college I had scored a position in the NHL, it was a dream come true and I couldn't be happier with where I was at in life. Avery had decided to become a vet and absolutely loved her job.

We're still close with our group of friends but with us all living in different states we don't get to see each other as much as we used to. Blake still drags us out every year for an annual vacation that no one would pass up, the places had gotten better each year.

It was nice to catch up every once in a while and see how everyone was doing. Lydia and Blake were on the road to planning their wedding and I couldn't be happier to see my best friend this happy. 

As I parked my car into the garage of Avery and I's house, I stared at it in disbelief that it was all ours. The life we had dreamed and waited for was finally our reality.

"Avery?" I yelled out once I entered.

"In here"

I followed her voice into the living room where I saw her watching her favorite show. She laid across the couch in comfy clothes and a fuzzy blanket over her.

Since we were now living in Chicago due to my team and where I was placed, it was a lot colder than we were used to. It was our first winter together and I loved every bit.

"Hey" I leant down to kiss her forehead. "Get ready I want to go out"

With a smile I watched as she lit up and ran to our bedroom. It didn't matter what I had planned, Avery was 100% down and gave every bit of enthusiasm which I loved.

I've had this entire day planned out for years. I listened as she shuffled around upstairs trying to keep myself from getting to nervous. I sent Lydia a quick message making sure everything was perfect before going to get dressed myself.

As I walked into my closet, I picked out a pair of
dress pants and a white button up that I had left slightly open at the top, something I started doing after noticing how much Avery liked it. I threw on my accessories and shoes before spraying myself with her favorite cologne.

The only thing left to do was grab my dress coat. By now, Avery had gotten out of the bathroom with her hair and makeup done beautifully.

"Oh I didn't know it was a fancy thing" She blushed before scurrying to find something she could wear.

"Don't stress it too much babe you already look stunning"

She paused sending me a quick smile before continuing her digging like a mad man.

"Okay, I'm ready" Avery announced after 15 minutes.

She walked back into the bedroom in a gorgeous silk blue dress that fell to her ankles, her silver heels putting the look together. It felt like my jaw physically dropped watching her.