8| new plans

Landon

The next day that I walked into school I had a plan. Ever since I laid my eyes on Avery I haven't been able to stop thinking about her, as I walked into the school I went straight to where I knew I needed to go.

Passing the old receptionist at the front I went directly to Mr. Cruz's door and knocked. Ever since freshman year every one knew that I was one of his favorites, I wasn't sure if it was because I was the star athlete of the school or that fact that I was the only player who was nice to him.

"Excuse me! You can't just interrupt him" The old crank spoke from behind me.

Before I could respond, Mr. Cruz appeared from his office.

"Hey! Mr. Larson how are you doing? Come on in" He greeted me as he opened the large door to his office.

"I think I can" I shrugged as I turned back to her. Usually I wouldn't be disrespectful to adults but she deserves it, since i've been at this school she's been a bitch to us all.

It smelt of coffee and paper as I walked in and took a seat.

"I'm good how are you?" I asked to be polite.

"Great, how can I help you?" He asked taking a sip out of his coffee mug.

"So I was thinking that I could help out Avery today as well. Yesterday we missed the classes before lunch because of the tour and she's still figuring stuff out here, I thought it would be helpful if I was there for another day" I suggested. I was hoping he would say yes, this way I could be closer to her without bringing to much suspicion.

"The school is pretty big" I tried to convince him subtly.

I still wasn't sure how she felt about me, I know we kissed but after that I haven't seen any signs.

"I don't know, are you stable enough in your classes to miss another day?" He asked questionably.

"Yes sir, I've already asked all my teachers for my missing work to make up" I answered.

"Okay, then I don't see why not" He agreed passing me a paper with her schedule.

"Thank you" I smiled grabbing the paper and standing up.

"Landon" Mr. Cruz called before I walked out.

"Thank you for stepping up and being a star student! You're a prime example of the Bellwood moto" He smiled. I chucked at his enthusiasm.

"No problem" I said before leaving. I looked down at the paper he gave me to see that she had english first period so I made my way over to class 401.

When I had opened the door the bull rung, just on time. Usually I was never early to class, especially first period. Walking in I scanned the room to find Avery before talking to the teacher about this arrangement.

"Mr. Larson, nice to see you here. I thought you were helping the new student out yesterday?" The older woman spoke moving her glasses to the top of her head. It annoyed me that she referred to Avery as a "new student" but I couldn't correct her since this was technically her first class and she hadn't met her properly yet.

"Yeah but he thought it would be helpful for me to join today too" I responded.

"Very well. Take a seat please" She smiled before walking back to her desk.

As I walked through the empty chairs I caught many girls looking my way, hoping for me to sit with them. At first I enjoyed all the attention but now I would rather be invisible to them. I can't escape it sometimes, most girls will keep it to just stares and looks but others take it to another stalker-ish level.