11| pool party

Avery

It was now Saturday morning and I woke up happier than usual. Maybe mom was right, this place would be a good change for me. I didn't dread going to school as much as my old one although it still sucked having to do work, thankfully it was the weekend.

As much as we wanted, Landon couldn't come to every class with me anymore. Thankfully we had our study period together and lunch with everyone. Occasionally he would sneak us away and bring me somewhere to eat.

After finishing up my morning routine, I walked downstairs my nose instantly filled with the smell of eggs and toast, I was getting used to the gourmet breakfasts everyday.

"Morning guys. Mmm mom now this smells amazing" I complimented, I guess those cooking classes she started have been paying off.

There were omelets on the stove top and a stack of golden brown toast, the sight was mouth watering.

"Good morning Avery, are you going to the game today?" Greg asked me, taking a sip of his coffee.

I sat on the island after fixing myself a plate and pouring some orange juice.

"What game?" I asked as I began to cut into my food.

"The final one, winner takes the state title. Big game for the boys." He looked proud as he talked about it.

"No I didn't know about it until now but I'll definitely be there" I assured.

"Susana have you got your outfit ready?" He asked with a smile, my mother was always one to love getting dressed up for anything. Leave it to her to perfectly match it to the occasion.

"You know me" She waved off laughing.

Finishing up the last bites of breakfast, Easton had finally woken up and came to the kitchen.

"You're all up early" He said as he rubbed his eyes.

"No you just slept in" I patted his shoulder as he sat next to me on the island, making his own plate. We all talked for a bit before Mom and Greg were off to do whatever rich couples did.

Before my mom never really went out on her own time, it was nice to see her doing all this new stuff. It was like she was a new woman.

"So your dad told me about the game tonight" I said turning to Easton.

"Yeah, I was going to ask today if you wanted to come so I could get you a ticket. Friends sit in the pit, my dad will probably sit further with your mom so it's not as crazy" He laughed.

"Of course i'll be there. What time is it?" I asked.

"Starts at 7 but people usually show up around 6:30 to find their seats" He explained.

"Okay sounds good" I agreed, beginning to clean the kitchen up.

"You have any plans today?" Easton asked, helping pick up trash.

"No not really" I answered honestly. I still didn't have any other friends than the hockey team so I spent most of my days alone when I wasn't with them.

"We're going to this pool party if you want to join, it's a tradition we do before every last game" He offered with a smile.

"Sure, when?" I asked. He definitely was a busy person, I had never met someone who went out as much as him but was able to maintain balanced. Other than morning him, that's a different person. It was also good for me since he brought me along.

"We'll probbaly leave in like 2 hours" He answered checking his phone.

"Okay i'll be ready" I replied, walking back to up my room.