3. real life!

AFTER A LONG sleepless night, faye decided to get out of bed early. she couldn't get one wink of rest, she was so nervous for the day ahead of her.

she wouldn't officially start classes until next week, but that didn't make the next couple of days any less stressful. she would have to unpack, figure out where her classes were, and of course, immediately hop into basketball practice. it was common for athletes in the college to start practicing before the year had even started, and faye was no exception.

mostly, she was nervous to be meeting the girls on her team. the older players were extremely talented, and obviously, older. only by a year, but it made all the difference in the ranking ladder to faye.

she was practically the only freshman on the team, as far as she knew. it wasn't easy getting on the Uconn Women's Basketball Team, faye was surprised she pulled it off.

she sighed, hopping off the squeaky mattress and heading towards the bathroom. she turned the faucet handle of the shower, letting hot steamy water flow. once she was in, she closed her eyes and let the water pour down her back.

faye was a believer that a hot shower could fix any problem, and when she felt the stress and anxiety lift off her body as she massaged her hair, she was proven to be right.

after her shower, she got out and put on new clothes, something simple and comfortable. she wore a pair of black nike sweats and a black graphic tee, paired with black and white jordan 1's.

once she was dressed, she did the rest of her getting ready routine. teeth, hair, makeup, until she was completely done.

she grabbed what little she had brought into the hotel room and swiftly left. leaving her keycard at the front desk, and getting in her car.

she had decided to skip breakfast today, something she knew she would regret later, but she had other worries on her mind at the moment.

after driving down the twists and turns of the roads leading to the college, she arrived, parking in the student section and hopping out.

she was at the main building, which was where she was supposed to go for check in. when she entered the building, she was met with a bustle of movement and excitement. students checking in, people carrying boxes and bags, and just utter chaos.

faye stumbled her way to the front desk, where an older woman sat. she looked up, giving faye only a glance, before looking back at her computer.

"name?" she asked, typing away on the device while she waited for faye to reply.

"julianne iridessa." she said, earning a few glances from some girls who stood close to her. she brushed it off, focusing on getting the process of registration done.

she gave her i.d. to the woman, and her student registration papers. in return, she received a paper copy of a map and a schedule list, and the keys to what she assumed was her dorm room.

she was going to be staying in the athletes dorm house, with the rest of her teammates, who she had yet to meet. well, except for one.

finally, she had finished checking in. she went back out to her car, hopping in and driving to the athletes dorm building, using the map for directions.

upon arrival, she got out and walked inside. the  inside of the building was pretty bland, there was a hallway with doors lining the walls, which faye assumed to be dorms. there was also a public bathroom and shower area, as well as a kitchen, which had a stove, a fridge, a coffee maker, and a microwave. faye knew that this meant there wouldn't be any private bathroom or kitchen, but she didn't really mind.