9. real life!

AS FAYE'S eyes slowly fluttered open, she was greeted by the soft glow of morning light streaming through the window. the room was filled with the inviting aroma of freshly brewed coffee. the cotton sheets felt cool and comforting against her skin, wrapping her into a gentle embrace.

faye's gaze wandered around the room, taking in the familiar surroundings. she slowly realized that she was in paige's room. her mind spun, desperately trying to recall the events from the previous night.

faye delicately pulls the blanket off her skin, and her stomach drops as she realizes she's in nothing but a bra and panties. fear fills her, wondering if she did something stupid while intoxicated the night before.

faye gets up and starts searching the floor for her clothes, but to her dismay, she can't find them anywhere. she spots one of paige's t-shirts on the armchair in the corner and decides to settle for it. carefully, she tiptoes to the door, gently pulls it open, and steps out into the main room.

as faye steps into the main room, she notices paige in the kitchen, pulling toast out of the toaster and placing them on two plates. the plates also hold eggs and what appears to be fried potatoes. the tantalizing aroma of coffee once again fills faye's nostrils as she sees two steaming mugs sitting on the counter.

paige looks up and sees faye, a small smile forming on her face. "goodmorning, how did you sleep?" she asks, walking over to the sink and rinsing off a pan.

"um, i slept fine, thank you. is that other plate for me?" faye points towards the counter. paige looks over at her with a gleamingly playful look, and her lips curl up into a smirk.

"nooooo, it's for casper the ghost." faye glares at paige, a squinted glance, as she walks over to the counter and sits on the stool.

"paige. it is barely 10am. i am hungover and not in the mood for your sass right now."

paige shrugs, sliding the plate and the mug of coffee towards faye, and then slides her own plate towards herself. faye takes a sip out of her cup, shocked to realize it's exactly how she makes her own coffee. she glances up at paige with a grateful look, who is staring back at her with unreadable eyes.

faye sets her mug down carefully, her eyes scanning her plate furiously, trying to figure out how to ask paige the dreadful question.

"paige..did we...do anything last night?" faye chokes out, suddenly feeling the need to tear her eyes away from her food, as it was making her stomach turn. she didn't want to look at paige, she felt like she would throw up if she made eye contact with her.

"no. no no no. not at all, you were like, really messed up, i would never ever do that." a sigh of relief escapes faye's mouth, and she finally looks up at paige.

"why was i..you know, not dressed?" she chuckles, and paige becomes shifty, looking uncomfortable.

"you uh, took your clothes off when we came in. you said you were hot, and so you stripped down laid on the kitchen floor. i had to carry you to the bed."

a mortified look settled onto faye's face, and she covered her face with shaky hands.

"oh my god, that's so embarrassing, oh my god."

as much as paige was trying not to, she burst out into laughter. faye glared up at her, and she threw her hands up while she tried to stifle her giggles.

"it-it's not embarrassing faye, really i get it. i've been blackout drunk before too." paige says, tearing off a piece of toast and throwing it in her mouth.

"okay, changing the subject, like-right now." faye rubs the sides of her head, squeezing her eyes shut, trying to push out the pounding in her head with pressure.

"your uh..wearing my shirt." paige mentions with a small smile. faye looks down, then back up at the blonde.

"it was the only one i could find..." her voice came out as barely a whisper, and paige sighed, her eyes scanning over the girl with a mesmerized expression.

"you look good in it." paige says, still staring faye down. the eye contact holds for about 13 seconds, before the two break away at the same time, both focusing their attention on the plates of food.

they ate in silence, neither really knew what to say. but it wasn't uncomfortable, it never really seemed to be. they were both finished after about 15 minutes, and faye stood up, taking her plate to the sink and dropping it in.

"i should go..i have..stuff...things..yeah." she says, pressing her lips together awkwardly. paige nods, and faye turns and starts walking towards the door.

hand on the knob, she stops, closing her eyes and mentally cursing herself. she turns back around, grabbing her clothes off the floor. she puts on her pants, and replaces paige's shirt for her own, before turning around and walking out without saying anything.

lmfao very short but you get what you get for now