10. real life!

FAYE GLANCES nervously at the clock for the fourth time that minute. there was no way she was missing all of practice for a stupid doctors appointment. well, there probably was way, since there was 27 minutes of practice left and she was about 13 of them away from the school.

"julianne, ms. iridessa, are you listening to me?" faye's head shoots over to the doctor, a culpable expression crossing her face.

"sorry, what were you saying?" faye replied. the doctor glances back down at her board, and then back up at the girl, a closed smile resting on her face.

"got somewhere else to be?" faye chuckled softly in response. the doctor sets down her clipboard as she makes her way over to faye, pressing the stethoscope to her chest.

"well, everything looks good with your physical exam. your vitals are all in the normal range, and your blood pressure is looking damn near perfect, your doing very well with taking care of yourself, everything has improved in the recent years it seems." faye presses her lips together tightly, awkwardly looking down, by "improved in recent years", the doctor means she is no longer starving herself and having a horrible immune system, liver, organs, and kidneys because of it. not her finest time, but she had to lose weight for basketball.

finally she was cleared to leave, and she practically bolted out of the doctors office, hopping in her jeep and speeding (as fast as the law would allow her) to the school.

she stepped inside the gym exactly 11 minutes before practice ended, and she ran over to the coach with a beaming smile on her face.

"you might as well have missed the whole practice." geno says, his eyes following the girls running drills. faye shrugs, setting her bag on a bleacher seat and tying her hair up.

"well i didnt, so find me something to do please." and of course she would regret that when the coach tells her to spend the last 10 minutes jogging around the court. as she made the run of shame, she observed the older girls, watching them play teams with each other, she was now convinced the coach had it out for her.

as she made her 7th lap, her and paige made eye contact, and the blonde girl smirked and winked at faye. faye rolled her eyes, looking away and continuing her run. she didn't have time to flirt with paige right now.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"why were you being sassy?" paige stands by fayes locker, her arms crossed as she looks down at the girl. faye doesn't look back, she just keeps her eyes ahead of her as she pulls her jersey out for the game that night.

"i have no idea what your talking about paige." she laughs, slinging her clothes over her shoulder and closing her locker. she turns, walking out of the locker room as paige follows behind like a lost puppy.

"you ignored me, and rolled your eyes at me." the blonde mentions, the scarce bit of genuine hurt masked by a teasing tone. faye walks towards the bleachers where she left her bag.

"coach is being a dick today, i didnt want him breathing down my neck for being distracted." faye leans down, grabbing her bag. paige stops walking, a frown settling on her face.

"you think i'm a distraction?"

"i didn't mean it like that," faye says, turning around, "geno has been strict on me since i got here, i just dont want to give him any reasons to terrorize me."

"it still sounds like your saying im a distraction to me." paige crosses her arms again, pressing her lips together tightly. faye opens her mouth, closing it again as she turns her head away.

"i-i dont know, you can be. its not a bad thing, but when im at practice im not gonna be as into you as i am into hoop." paige nods, letting her arms fall as she turns to leave, but faye grabs her arm with her free hand.