𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐞

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ - 긑

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ -

{ lee jieun's pov: }

{ one month later }

i swept the floor of my mom's hair salon, with my headphones on, listening to mellifluous music. one of my mom's employees was on vacation so i thought it'd be good to stop by and help out some.

it was around lunch time on a saturday so there was only one customer in the salon. most people around this time were eating lunch or catching up with their friends.

i continued to sweep away all the cut off hair that laid there on the floor. the songs that i was listening to made it felt like spring had already started. i didn't notice the front doorbell ring, announcing that someone had walked in. however, i did manage to hear my mom's employee, mrs. kwon, greet the person that had stepped in.

"is lee jieun here?" the person asked mrs. kwon.

"yes, she is actually" mrs. kwon responded.

i took off my headphones after hearing my name be mentioned. why were they talking about me? the music that i was listening to prevented me from clearly hearing the voice of the other speaker that wasn't mrs. kwon.

"jieun-ah!" mrs. kwon called my name, catching my attention again.

i turned around, still sweeping leftover hair, to face mrs. kwon.

"yes auntie?" i responded. i dropped the broom that was in my hands upon the sight of the other person in the salon. "what are you doing here? you never stop by."

"is he a friend of yours?" mrs. kwon asked me, referring to the guy that stood next to her, kim sunoo.

i nodded. "yes, i know him."

"can we talk outside?" sunoo asked me.

i picked up the broom that i had dropped, hoping sunoo didn't really notice. i looked over to mrs. kwon, asking for permission to go.

i set aside the broom and rested my headphones around my neck. strands from my ponytail had fallen out so i quickly fixed them, making sure to not look bad in front of sunoo.

"you need something?" i asked him, questioning his sudden appearance.

"uhhh" he spoke. "not really? well kind of. yeah actually."

"why do you sound unsure..." i was a bit confused.

"it was kind of a random decision to come see you" he admitted. "i texted you but you didn't respond so i assumed that you were here."