CHAPTER ONE, a plane ride to happiness

EVERYTHING WAS BEING SET IN motion so fast I wanted to jump for joy and bake a cake. Well actually, technically  I wasn't allowed to bake in the dorms. RA's rules. Quite rude if I do say so myself. Especially since it was only a rule I had to follow! No one else! Everyone else could bake as many cakes as they wanted. But anyway! Back to the point.

It's summer! Summer has always been my favorite time of year. 

During high school there was club season which took up enough time. But I was doing what I loved which meant it didn't matter.

And now I was in college and still doing what I love in the summer. My girlfriend. JOKING! Of course. Well no. But that's not important. 

When we were little, me and Paige I mean, we would plan all of these little vacations to go on for when we're older. Hawaii, the Bahamas, if you couldn't tell I was in obsessed with the beach. Still am btw. Little five foot Paige used to promise that we would get out of Minnesota and go to the beach for an entire summer one year. Just us.

And she was right. Well, kind of. She was half right.

Charleston, South Carolina. In my very highly rated opinion, one of the best places on earth. We had been planning this trip for weeks. Maggie rented a house there for two whole months. Two months at the beach with my girlfriend, my two best friends, my best friends sister and girlfriend, and Maggie's sweet and cuddly puppy from back home, Macey.

We're literally going to be living the dream, for a few months then we would have to go back to campus for pre season practices. So I just know this summer was going to have to be amazing.
Maggie, Allison and I flew into Connecticut a few days ago. We were leaving today via airplane.

"If there's bunk beds which one do you want? Top or bottom?" I asked as me and Paige wandered the airport. Our flight had been pushed back so now we would be waiting for a few more hours to leave.

Paige raised her eyebrows. Swinging our interlaced hands back and forth. "Lila, even if there bunk beds it won't matter. There's no way we're sleeping on different mattresses." This girl bro. I couldn't help but let my cheeks flush red.

"Okay, so are we sleeping on the top or bottom bunk then?" Paige looked amused. "You wanna sleep on the bottom bunk don't you?"

I scrunch my eyebrows together. "Why do you think that?" Paige snorted. Like actually snorted. At this point I was just really conf—oh. "You're gross." I smacked her chest. She only laughed harder. I'm dating a collage girl with a maturity of a teenage boy. Great. Just great.

We arrived back to the group after another thirty minutes of just walking around, exploring the airport. Time moves so fast in the airport I swear.

Maggie was fast asleep on the airport chairs. Her head on Nikas shoulder. Allison was busy typing away on her phone. Aaliyah was talking about who knows what with Azzi. Azzi was one of the new freshman for Connecticut. She was also really close friends with Paige. I met her a few times in high school so she wasn't a complete stranger.

"Did you guys get starbucks?" Allison asked as soon as she noticed us when I sat down next to her. The girl has a bad feeling obsession. "Not for you." I flicked her head and she lifted her legs onto my lap. "Fake."

Paige pushed Allisons legs off my lap so that she could rest her hand on my thigh. "I have a feeling this trip is over to make me feel very very single." Aaliyah sent her an amused look. "You get used to it."

Well.

This is boring.

I know that Maggie said as her only rule was to not wake her up but like. I'm bored. I felt Paige attempt to grab me by the waist and pull me back but I made it all the way to Maggie's seat. Well, all the way was a little dramatic. She was directly across from us.