Cure

As everyone heads down to the lab, I follow closely behind, staying a couple of feet away to collect my thoughts. The older Peter looks back, notices me standing there, and slows his pace to meet me. He glances between me and the two other Peters as if trying to decipher which universe I'm from.

"That one is mine," I say pointing to the one walking by himself.

This Peter nods and stays silent for a second as we walk down the stairs. Once we are about halfway down, he finally speaks up. "So what are you to him? I'm assuming not a villain since you stuck with us."

"Yeah," I paused, I again really didn't want to get into the details. Especially since this universe's Peter seemed to have such a good handle on his relationships. "We used to be friends."

"Used to be?"

"We drifted. I then became friends with Spiderman, and then something more. I'm not sure. But when he revealed himself... everything kind of went haywire. I mean the day he reveals himself to me, I'm sent into another universe."

Peter nods, "Those closest to Spiderman always seem to get the short end of the stick. But stick with him, he needs people."

"And I do too. It's just a lot to handle right now."

"As I said, I understand. But I saw the way he went up to you when we left the Ned kid's house. He wants to protect you, maybe you should let him."

I shrugged, "Maybe. But at the moment I'm just focused on getting home."

I walked over to wear Ned was standing by the computer, and watched as he worked. As he slid over to the other Peter to talk, I caught a glimpse of my Peter. He looked sad and lonely, and every couple of seconds he would glance up at me as if he wanted to say something, but didn't know what words to use. As the two Peters began to discuss love lives, I turned away and got busy myself. So I worked on finding the ingredients to create some more web fluid for Peter so that he didn't run out during the fight. Just because I was mad at him didn't mean that I couldn't help him.

PETER'S POV

As I worked on Dr. Conner's cure I couldn't help but to think back to when I had first become Spiderman. Just like y/n had said, when I had become the vigilante I had begun to separate myself from her. I had been so focused, on doing right by the world by myself, I had forgotten that I already had someone by my side who would have stuck by me no matter what. Instead, I pushed her away, causing her to never want to trust me again. Especially now.

I looked over at the older Peter and Ned as they discussed the fate of Peter's best friend. It was so odd to me how similar our worlds were, yet so different. We all had the same name, some of the same friends, and carried the same mantle, yet each of us looked different and the way we lived our lives varied greatly. And none of them seemed to have the same relationship struggles I was having now.

As Ned, scooted his way back over to the younger Peter, I looked up to see him and MJ having a moment.

"Do you have someone?" the older Peter asks, knocking me out of my trance.

I glanced at y/n, and then back to Peter. "Not at the moment. You know, the Spiderman thing, it can keep some people away. Do you have anyone?"

"Yes. It was complicated at first, but we made it work. Me and my... MJ. Just like I'm sure you and y/n can make it work."

I froze, what had she told him while they were walking? Did she want to be together? I shook the thoughts away, there was no point in getting my hopes up right now. As she had said, she just wanted to get home.

"That's up to her," I finally said. "Whatever makes her happy."

Peter smiled and said nothing else even though I could tell he wanted to. However as I finished up the cure, I knew that what I had said was the honest truth: I wanted what was best for y/n, whatever that was. Even if it wasn't me.

Y/N'S POV

"Peter!" Ned's voice echoes in the quiet room.

All three of the boy's heads pop up in response. "Yeah? Oh sorry did you mean..?"

Ned pauses, "'Peter' Peter."

"We're all called Peter."

"Peter Parker?" Ned said, almost in distress.

"Again we're all Peter Parker."

"The computer."

This finally get's the attention of this world's Peter and he runs over to check the computer. "Oh, I'm ready."

"Yeah, me too," Peter says. "Okay, so now all we gotta do is lure these guys someplace right? Try to cure them while they try to kill us, and then send them home."

"Using a magic box." I can almost hear the disbelief in the words of the older Peter.

"That's the plan," responds the youngest Peter.

My Peter turns to the older one. "So are you going to go into battle dressed as a cool youth pastor or do you got your suit?"

Peter moves his shirt, to reveal the old Spiderman suit underneath.

Both Ned and I lean forward to hand our Peter's web cartridges. Peter stares at me for a second, a small smile tugging at his lips, but before he can say anything the older Peter interrupts.

"What's that for?"

"It's my web fluid, for my web-shooters," the youngest responds. "Why?"

Without hesitation, the older Peter shoots a web at the chair, the fluid seemingly coming straight out of him.

"That came out of you?" I ask, in awe, grabbing his wrist to check it out.

He slowly removes his arm, looking at the other Spidermen. "Yeah, you guys can't do that, huh?"

"No-"

"How on earth does that even-" Peter inches toward his alternate self.

The youngest Peter shakes his head. "Wait, anyway were getting sidetracked. Look, this is where we're gonna do this okay? It's isolated so no one should get hurt. We draw them there with the box. It's the one thing they all want. All we have to do is figure out how we're gonna get there."

"We could portal there," Ned responds.

"What?"

"I'm magic now."

"Yeah, no no, he's right," MJ speaks up.

"He can," I nodded, though I was surprised that this world's Peter seemed shocked.

"Wait really?"

"Dud I got Dr. Strange's magic," Ned said enthusiastically. "And I promise you I won't turn into a supervillain and try to kill you."

I glance at the other two Peter, unsure of where this comment came from, only assuming they said something to him. But neither of them says anything in response.

"Okay thank you," Peter says hesitantly before turning to MJ. "Um... all right here goes nothing. What's that thing you always say? Expect disappointment and-"

MJ interrupts him, "No no no. We're gonna kick some ass."

"Cure, cure some ass," the oldest Peter corrects again.

I nod, "Let's cure that ass."

-------

A/N- finally got around to writing this chapter. Hope you enjoy this. Don't forget to vote and comment, and I'll have a new chapter up next week!

PS I'm so ready for the next chapter to be the last with all three Peter's because it gets extremely confusing.