Final-Epilogue

A/N- before you all read this I want you all to know that I have absolutely loved all of the encouragement and complements that you all have given me. You all are so sweet and I love you. 

Also while I would love to continue this story, the plot that I had for this is over, and I genuinely don't know where I would go after this... so yeah. If I ever develop a new plot, I would love to continue this story or write a sequel. Whatever happens, again thank you all for your kind words and your love for this story. 

Alright... here it goes.

---

6 months later- Summer

Peter and I lay out in the sun on the roof of our new apartment building. We had finally finished moving in together, and now the two of us just wanted to rest. Well, I wanted to rest, Peter always seemed to have more energy for more reason. Regardless, I lay there letting my skin soak up the warm sun and let my thoughts come to a rest. 

Peter pulled me close, letting me lay my head on his chest, and listen to him breathe. "So we've moved in, now what?"

"I don't know, should we know?" I asked, sitting up to look up at him. 

Peter shrugged, "I guess not."

"You sound like you know."

Peter smiled, rolling over onto his side to look me in my eyes. "This is how I wanted to do this."

"Do what?"

Peter and I both sat crisscrossed as he stared deep into my soul. He didn't say anything, possibly still trying to decide if this was what he wanted to do. Slowly, he grabbed my hand with his right hand and reached into his pocket with his left. 

"I know we've only been dating for a little over seven months, but y/n, I've loved you for so much longer than that," Peter paused, letting me process his words. 

I covered my mouth as suddenly I realized what was going on. He pulled out the box out of his pocket holding out a small beautiful diamond ring in front of me. I stared at it in awe of everything that was going on. I could barely contain my joy as Peter began to speak again. 

"Since that day I first met you when we were five, I knew we were going to spend the rest of our lives together. And while through a good portion of my life, I thought it was just friends, I know now I want us to be so much more than that. You are the one who has always been there for me. You've healed me both physically and mentally, and I love you so much. I never want to see you sad or hurt because of me, and I want to carry you through life and treat you like the wonderful, beautiful woman you are. So, y/n y/l/n would you do me the honor of marrying me?"

I smiled, still unable to form words at the shock. Instead, I just nodded, pulling Peter into a kiss. Peter himself could barely contain his joy, as he smiled against my lips and moved just slightly away to see my face. 

"Y/n Parker," he smiled. "I like that."

"Me too." I placed another small kiss on his lips. "Me too."

Peter slipped the ring onto my finger, and I held it up to the light. My heart pounded at the look of it, it was simple but beautiful. Just as I liked it. Because we weren't extravagant. We were just best friends in love. Friends who had at once been broken and hurt, but now were healing. Together. And that was how we were going to do the rest of our lives. Because yeah things might break, but with the right person you can create something even more beautiful.