Gerard Pitts- jealous over what?

It's been a while since you and Gerard have been able to spend time together. Between upcoming exams and dead poets meetings, you've both had a hard time finding space for each other. Gerard finally had a few free hours and decided he wanted to come see you.

When we arrived to your house, flowers in hand, he noticed you at the door with another boy. He stopped at the top of the driveway, smile faking and nearly dropping the flowers. He was so confused, you said you only had time to study recently. But here you were at your front door with some other boy.

He turned to walk away, but not before you called his name and waved him down. He put on a brave face and walked down your driveway, approaching the two of you. "Gerard this is Billy, I was helping him with something," you smiled at your boyfriend, introducing him to your friend. Billy stuck his hand out for Gerard to shake, although he took it more as a form of intimidation. "Well I should probably get going, dinners gonna be done soon. Thanks again y/n."

You pulled Gerard inside and placed the flowers on the kitchen counter before dragging him to your room. You were so excited to see him, it had felt like forever since the last time you had even talked to him. But sometime was off. He seemed bothered. "Hey are you ok?" you asked. He brushed it off saying he had a bit of a headache.

Even though you wanted to spend time with your boyfriend, you had to finish up your homework quick because it was due tomorrow. Gerard sat down next to you as you finished it but you were getting a weird vibe from him. You asked him if sometime was wrong and he heaved a big sigh.

"Yeah something's wrong, what's with that Billy kid? I mean I show up to see my girlfriend and you've got another boy over?" He couldn't look at you, instead he stared down at his feet. "That's what's wrong? Gerard he was over for a school project." "Project? Exams are next week, you want me to believe that he's over for a project?"

You looked at him baffled, he's never not believed you with school work. "Actually yes I do, because in history we have to research a war and give a presentation about it on exam day, and it's a partner project so Billy came over so we could work on it."

You could see the regret in his face for making such a fuss about it. He stood up, "maybe I should go, you should probably study, I'll call you later this week." He turned for the door but you caught his wrist. "Don't go, I miss you."

He look at you and you could see the battle going on behind his eyes. "Billy is just a friend, hardly even one, I want to spend time with you, my boyfriend." He took his hand off the door and turned to face you. "Do you really mean it?" Instead of answering, you kissed him sweetly. That was all he needed to stay. He even stayed for dinner.

After dinner you walked with him back to the end of the driveway. "Look y/n I'm really sorry for how I acted, I shouldn't have been so upset, I've just been stressed and I guess I just got in my head about it. I'm sorry," he leaned down and placed his forehead against yours. "Don't apologize, I kinda liked jealous Gerard. Maybe would have liked it more if you'd punched him or something, but this is a good start."

You both smiled and said goodbye before he went off towards Welton. The next day at school you made sure to wear Gerard's Welton hoodie you stole from him the other week to make sure everyone knows you aren't on the market. No, you found your person.