𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

After the whole conversation, we head back

I walk ahead this time, not really feeling like talking anymore. He doesn't bother to catch up to me, I think it's obvious from my demeanour.

At least he's understanding. Thank the lord.

We reach home, and I see that no one's in the living room.

Must be in the dining room.

I spot Mils, and she's giving wiggling her eyebrows like something happened between Alessio and I.

I just squint my eyes in response. Nothing did and will ever happen between us.

"Oh you guys are finally home, come let's eat" My mom says.

Alessio walks over to where his brother is sitting and sits beside him. The swift wind, giving me slight goosebumps.

"I'll eat later, I'm still full from lunch." I lie.

I was starving, but I just didn't want to eat with everyone and put up a fake persona.

"Mel, you have to eat something." Mils responds.

"I know I know, I will later don't worry!" I blurt out, my voice fading as I walk away, so I don't have to get bombarded with more questions.

"Is she okay?" I hear Vera ask.

"Yes! She just likes eating later than we all do." My mom says covering it up with a small laugh.

I go upstairs to my old room, and search my bag for mints, gum, or anything edible.

While I'm searching I find the letter. My grandfather's letter.

How could I forget to read it.

I open it up and see doctor type handwriting.

Dear Melina,

By the time you are reading this, you are to get betrothed to Alessio Mazzelli. I chose him for you, because I sense something between you two. I remember your two meetings. Before you get mad at me for picking a guy based off of two interactions, he is a good guy. You cannot find that type of guy anywhere. He comes from a good family. I swear he will be worth your time. Please give him a chance. You are to get betrothed to him, on August, 23. Think a little. What was on August 23, 2000? It will be a cute story to tell your kids. I would not have picked Alessio, if I did not think that he would treat you good. Have a little faith in your poor old grandfather.

Love you.

I end up crying. Bawling, even.

I miss him all the time. I know he wouldn't have set me up with Alessio without reason.

August 23, 2000. I try to think.

And then it clicks.

The day I first met Alessio.