𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎

Sign Of The Times - Harry Styles

An unknown weight has been pressing on my chest, since I left Melina. It won't stop.

The sight of her crying over me, screaming, hitting, still plays at the back of my head nonstop. I shake my head, trying to erase those memories. If I don't, I won't be able to proceed with my plan. It could hurt her.

It puts me at uncomfortable ease to think about her hating me. I'd rather have her feel something for me, than nothing.

Plain grey rusted walls surround me, burned metal machines taunt me in the corners. I try to move, but the heavy ropes hold me down.

I'm sitting on a metal chair, my hands tied behind my back and feet strapped to the metal. I'm familiar with this, I can flip the chair backwards, allowing me to then bend one of its legs, giving me access to free myself.

Before I can even try to move, Viktor walks in, trying to dominate the air that follows him inside the same room as me. Making Viktor the Boss, 45 years ago, was the worst decision possible. You'd think as the Capo, you'd receive the tiniest bit of respect from him. Nope.

"You're back here, yet again? Couldn't get enough of seeing yourself drowning in your own blood, huh?" Viktor's slimy hands caress the knife he holds onto.

"Not really into knife play, sorry." I joke, not caring that my life is basically in his hands.

He let outs a dry laugh, "Tsk, tsk. Ruining your life, just for a stupid whore? You can do better than that, Alessio." Viktor groans out, trying to get a reaction from me.

"Don't fucking talk about my wife like that." I scream in agony, granting him the reaction he wanted all along.

"She has Joseph's blood in her. Are you fucking stupid? You can't involve yourself with a, Solace." Viktor yells, throwing his knife towards the concrete floor.

All of this wouldn't have happened, if Viktor didn't do the background check on Melina. He found out that her father was affiliated with the Russian military, which made an enemy out of the Italian mafia.

This feud goes way beyond than understanding, yet here we are. I was shocked to find out that Melina's father, was involved in matters such as this, but not surprised.

Despite all my pleading and persistence, Viktor didn't budge. He threw an ultimatum my way, it was either I divorce her, or they take action.

"So now what?" I question him, trying to throw him off a little.

"I want Joseph, and anyone he's related to or that works for him, dead. His blood is a danger to us."

"You won't touch a single hair on Melina's head. I'm fucking warning you, Viktor. You can't stop me, you can try. Break my legs, I'll still crawl back to her. There's nothing you can do, that'll stop me." I respond.

"I demand it now. Divorce her, and I'll try to surpass your stupid mistakes." Viktor says, smiling disgustingly.

"No." I state, adamantly.

"Are you ignoring a direct order, Mazzelli?" Viktor meets my gaze.

"I am." I plead, proudly.

"You do as you're told, or you won't live to see another day." He threatens me.

"You can kill me, right here, right now."

"You would rather die than divorce her? You're failing as a Capo, Alessio. Why do you even care? You only married to benefit from it." Viktor reminds me.

"I'm not divorcing her. End of story. She cut ties with her father, I don't see why it's a problem." I respond, my body filled with burning misery.

I'm failing at everything, while I thought I was protecting it all. I fucked it all up. I'm mere inches away from my death, and the only thing that's bringing me ease right now is, Melina.

Melina was the only person who believed that I didn't ruin everything the second that I touched it, I guess she was wrong, after all.

"Do you accept your fate? You know what the punishment is for betrayal. You disgust me." Viktor says, as he pulls a gun out.

My body hurts, but I think the pain in my heart hurts more, letting the pain in my body fade into ashes.

"I do." I let the words fall out of my mouth, sealing my fate.

Few months ago, I said these words to solidify my fate with my wife. Now I solidify my fate with my death.

Viktor cocks his gun, as he points it to my chest. I let my body loose, preparing for the next few seconds of pure terror.

Memories of Melina and I, replay in my head, dulling the pain filled throughout my body. Before I know it, bullets of pain and rage, hit my chest.

My eyes flutter shut as the world slowly fades away, as if it was never there. All my mistakes, problems, blunders. They all seem to fade away.

I hear the door close behind me, as I lie there. Waiting to be taken away, after long years of misery. At least I got to feel seen by someone, and that is more than enough for me.

I wait for the darkness to pass by, but it doesn't. Instead, I'm being carried by someone. My body's too weak to try and get a hold on who it is.

They carry me away, stealing the darkness from me. Huh?

authors note: this chapter is so dramatic and confusing, i love it

authors note:
this chapter is so dramatic and confusing, i love it. this story is really bipolar, but honestly these are all scenarios of mine lumped together, but i hope it makes sone sort of sense? IDK IM SORRY

my poor babies, they've been through tewwww much, but don't worry because we're slowly drifting towards the end of this book </333

also please lmk if u guys prefer short or long chapters? i try to keep it balanced, but let me know which is more preferred!!

thank you for reading, lmk if there are any spelling or grammar errors!! luh youuu xx