𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

Cry Baby - The Neighbourhood

Mila and I, decided to plan a girls night in, while Alessio and Rocco were out on a meeting regarding the whole mafia thing. Turns out, Rocco is also involved and so is Damien.

No wonder they all get along so well—sometimes—but they all have a close brotherly bond. Though, they're involved in such things, they know how to balance it in their lives.

It's been a few weeks since I've had some time to digest, Alessio joining the mafia. There are many things that I've had to consider going into it, but I feel okay about it so far.

We decided to invite Eva to our night in, as even though she's done some questionable things, she's gotten more tolerable and comfortable to be around.

I head to the living room, to make sure everything is set. Our hangout isn't really anything big, just a couple drinks, snacks, and a movie. While I'm setting the sofa up, I find a little note with messy handwriting that says 'I'm proud of you.'

My heart gleams inside my chest, making a big smile plaster on my face.

Alessio's been leaving me little notes everywhere in the house, especially in my books. His notes consist of the most random things ever, but still they never fail to make me feel giddy.  I don't think I could've imagined us actually being together.

It's too early to feel secure in our relationship, but I can't not feel secure with him. He makes it so easy, and I hate that I don't hate it.

Everything good I've had, turned into my worst nightmares. I feel like I'm dreaming whenever I'm with him, I just don't want him to turn into another one of nightmares.

I hear the doorbell ring, and I usher over to open it. When I open it, I see Mila and Eva holding drinks in their hands. "The fun is here!" Mila's loud voice booms through the foyer as they make their way in.

I pull Mila into a huge—much needed—embrace. I do the same with Eva, so she doesn't feel left out, because that's one hell of a painful feeling.

"Thank you for inviting me, I appreciate it." Eva's soft voice calls out.

"Oh it was no problem, I'm glad you're here." I smile, receiving a smile back from her.

We walk to the kitchen to grab snacks and drinks. The three of us fall into conversation about our lives and how chaotic it truly has been for us all.

"So, when can we expect Alessio and your's kids?" Mila asks, making me sputter my drink out.

"We just got to the point where we weren't so headstrong and actually talked about our feelings. The topic of having kids is reaching." I respond.

"Well, he's always looked at you like he wants to give you a thousand babies. And a hundred more after." Eva says, shocking me, but earning a "literally" from Mila.