𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏

Yours - Conan Gray

Yours - Conan Gray

I open my heavy lidded eyes, just to be met with an angry Rocco sitting across from me. I look around to identify my surroundings, recognizing that it's Rocco's bedroom.

"What the fuck were you thinking?" Rocco yells at me, his brows furrowing in frustration.

Ah, we're already starting. I'm not sure what to tell him, since I have little to zero recollection of whatever happened. All I really know is it's been two weeks, and I've been sitting in the same bed, decaying.

I was in the hospital unit of Rocco's mansion for the past week, so he must've moved me to his room earlier today. I may not be dead externally, but I know I am internally. I haven't seen or heard from Melina, and it's fucking killing me.

"Don't worry, you'll get your bedroom back in a bit." I try to lighten the mood, not trying to argue with him. As much as I try to lift my lips into a small smile, I can't find the energy.

Rocco shakes his head in disbelief.

"Getting yourself shot like that? If Damien and I, weren't there you could've died! I don't give a fuck how in love you are, you can't do that to yourself." Rocco's hard expression filled with valid anger, slowly turns into sadness.

"You don't get it, do you? It's not worth living, if I can't be with her, Rocco." My voice cracks, and I realize it hasn't in a long time. I usually have a tough exterior, but I found myself breaking it into tiny pieces once Melina walked into my life.

Rocco walks over to the bed, sitting near my figure, pushing his focus down at his thumbs.

"I may not understand it, I know that. What I do know is that, I can't afford to lose you too. I've already lost too much, Alessio, I don't want to lose you either." He says, while he blinks his eyes rapidly, pushing tears away—I'm assuming.

I try to lean forward into a hug, but my entire left side hurts like hell. Rocco notices that, and leans towards me pulling me into a small hug. "You've always got me, don't worry. Plus, even if I did die, you'd probably accompany me in hell" I respond, chuckling slightly, making him laugh along.

Before I can even say anything, it's like he knows what I'm about to ask. "She's okay. Damien's staying with the girls, making sure they're safe." Rocco says, breaking our hug.

"Did you have to send Damien? He might do more than just make sure they're safe." I groan out. As much as I love Damien, he's a flirty fucker.

"As fast as I sent him over there, I can kill him just as fast if he lays a finger on their heads. Especially Mila.  Also, I know you don't want to hear it, but it's best you keep your distance from Melina. Just for a bit. It'll keep you both away from danger." He states, his lips pulling into a tight lipped expression.