Chapter 3

After a few minutes the bell rang signalling the start of the class. Almost immediately a woman dressed in a black suit whom I presumed as the teacher of the class entered the room.

I looked at her walking in wearing a black suit, black shirt, short skirt, black stockings and black heels. She has fair skin and has tied her brown hair in a ponytail as she has a serious expression.

For me it was a unique way of dressing for a woman as I don't usually see women dressed like that. She went to the podium as the rest of the students went back to their seats.

"Ahem, good morning new students. My name is Chabashira Sae and I am in charge of class D this year. I teach Japanese history. This school doesn’t rearrange the classes every year, so over the next three years, I hope I get to know all of you. Best regards. Although the entrance ceremony will be one hour from now in the gym, I will now distribute the list of special rules of this school and the matriculation guide." The teacher introduced herself to us.

Huh, Chabashira, first time I've heard such a bizarre name. And she is going to be the teacher of 1-D for the next three years huh. That's a new thing alright. Now I just need to learn about the school rules now.

And I hated the entrance speech that the SCP gave, and me having to stand all the time might have contributed to me becoming annoyed with it. And not to mention the needless thanking between the students and principal.

I watched as the handouts were passed around from the front and soon I received mine as well. I flipped it open and read it as I went through it.

In short, the students of this school have to live here on campus until they graduate and any kind of contact with the outside world is forbidden. It looks like even contacting family members is also forbidden as well. And to top it all off, leaving school grounds is forbidden as well.

But there were also other things that caught my attention. This school seemed to have many facilities here, like that Karaoke that I heard about, theatre rooms, cafes, even flower shops. Almost every kind of facility that can be found on the outside makes this place like a small town. And the campus takes up more than 600,000 square metres, an impressive place.

"I will now hand out student ID cards. With this card, you can buy anything from any of the shops and facilities around campus. It works like a credit card. However, be careful of how many points you use. There’s nothing you can’t buy at school. If there’s something on school grounds, it’s purchasable." Chabashira said catching my attention as I heard her.

I raised my eyebrows at her words. Especially the "There’s nothing you can’t buy at school" sentence.

Wasn't she saying that anything that is on school grounds can be bought using the points that a student possesses? Huh, that's a unique system this school has. Almost like the real world. Wait a minute.

My eyes widened a bit as I thought about it as I looked at my student ID card before looking back at the teacher as my expression returned back to its normal expressionless one.

"Student cards can be used by swiping them on the machines. Using the machines are really easy, so you won’t have any trouble with them. The points will be automatically credited on the first day of the month. Everyone should already have 100,000 points on their card. Also, 1 point is worth 1 yen. Any more explanation is unnecessary." Chabashira said to the students as I saw the exact amount being displayed on my ID.

"100,000!?" A student exclaimed as I glanced at him.

"For real!" The student beside him said in surprise.

And the two weren't the only ones, the other students in the classroom also got excited as they looked at their IDs in fascination. Though they couldn't be blamed, this is most likely the first time they've seen this much money that they can use for themselves. And as for what I thought about it.