CHAPTER 7

There was silence all over Shantivan, none knew if it was an indication of  the storm arrival or not. Everyone was glumly since yesterday after the end of Malik's couples barsi which was held in shantivan. Though unlike previous years, this time Arvind barsi was held together with Ratna's on Arnav's order.

Hearing his order everyone was shocked but not more than Anjali who even though wanted to decline,met with Arnav's challenging eyes which refrain her from making a seen. Though disappointment clearly showed in her eyes but unwillingly remained silent. Seeing her displeasure others didn't know what conclude but held themselves from commenting anything.

Today everyone was taking their evening tea together as the male accompany the female in watching their favourite serial, excluding Arnav who spend the night out of Shantivan which was a big change unlike past where he went out of India. He emerge from outside directly heading upstairs, the family who saw him didn't try to stop him wanting to provide him space. Though that wasn't the case with Anjali who was patiently waiting for his entry.

"Chote"called Anjali who saw him heading upstairs without sparing them a glance.

Arnav stood clenching his fist for being stopped while he just want was to head upstairs and relax himself in the comfort of his chamber. Others looked between the siblings in worry,while Arnav stood without turning back waiting for her to talk.

"Can you talk Di or I should head upstairs,as you can see am tired and need rest"came Arnav irritated voice after the silence was prolonged for long.

"Why did you held Mama's barsi with that man even after what he did to our Ma"question an angry Anjali while others held their breath hearing her.

"That man whom you just mention happens to be our father but I don't understand what you meant by him doing to our Ma"said Arnav staring at a  shocked Anjali,"Why won't I held his barsi if that can give him peace?I just did what I should have done long back"paused Arnav ,Anjali was ready to interrupt but he raised his palm stopping him,"i know you want to say he is the reason of her death, but how?did he tell her to commit suicide or did he pull the trigger on her?if really papa cheated on her why will it come as a suprise ?Ma never cared for anyone apart from you and her outings which you two used to go leaving papa and I behind. Today I will tell you Di, that woman was selfish, if papa cheated on her why didn't she divorce him and live for her children more precisely you her replica ?but no, why will she do that when she knew she can't face the world as a single mother or widow. She was a weak woman, the worst mother and wife I came across with, it's better I be known as Arvind Malik son rather than Ratna son. Beside Papa was the one who was both parents to me which I realised late and prove I have Ratna blood in my vein but not anymore "responded Arnav glaring at Anjali who stood numb listening to him

"Well said chote, at least you've regain your senses back"said a voice behind them.

Everyone turn towards the voice and saw Manohar. They were totally immense in their conversation that they were unaware of his arrival. They stared at him shocked while he walk towards them and touch his mother's feet then moved towards Arnav and patted his back proudly.

They stared at him shock for none was aware of his arrival and seeing him support Arnav against his sister. While others were happy seeing him that wasn't the for Mami, her inside chilled realizing she's truly seeing him Infront of her. Their happiness was short-lived hearing Anjali angry voice,"Mamaji how can you support Chote forgetting our Ma was your own sister?"

Others were dumfounded hearing Anjali raising her voice at Manohar,"Di! don't you dare shout at my father"exclaim an Angry Akash staring at Anjali who stood numb understanding what she did. She looked at Manohar apologetically who seemed unbothered with her behaviour.