CHAPTER 20

After Dadi announced Ratna Mami's agreement, the ones who were overjoyed with the news were the two friends for there dream of being one family will be fulfilled through the union of their children.

Even though Dadi knew her daughter gave her consent unwillingly due to her pressure, but that time it didn't worry her for she believed she was doing what's best for Ratna.

On the other hand, Ratna started secluding herself from her family when she realized they were busy celebrating the news of her marriage without seeing behind the smile she was giving them. Their smiles added a wound in her already heartbroken heart for it was on account of her happiness.

Everything was finalized and an intimate engagement was held after 3days for the marriage rituals was to begin after 2 days. Dadu who had been watching Ratna became worried seeing her disinterest and sadness in her eyes,  he decided to go have a talk with her but Dadi interfered promising to have a talk with their daughter and solve whatever it will be.

Secretly Ratna met her boyfriend and on seeing pain in the same eyes which used to stare her lovingly,it broke something within her and from then she developed hate for her family believing they were the cause of all that.

For the 1st time she decided not to be a daughter or sister but a lover who'l fight to be with the one she loves.

She gave the idea of them eloping before her marriage to Anil,which he refused instantly advicing her to move on with the guy chosen for her, for the moment she wore another man's ring she seized to be his. Ratna was broken and enraged for the rejection and tendency of everyone around her making decisions for her.

She returned home not the same but with the heart filled with hate and venom for everyone induding Arvind whom she held responsible for her destroyed life. She knew her mother-in-law wasn't a fan of her which never bothered her for she was sure Anil will agree with her idea.

Due to her failed plan she made up her mind on working to impress the old lady knowing she was to live infront of her for the rest of her remaining life. The marriage rituals began which she showed interest easing the heart of Dadi who was relieved seeing the change.

Though a storm shock Ratna on her mehndi day when she realized she was 15days late she hasn't seen her monthly. She was horrified remembering the day she gave herself to Anil but Swetha her best friend consoled her advicing her to go for a test before concluding anything.

Since Ratna was prohibited on stepping outside ,Swetha went to buy test kits which they did secretly and the test came positive. It stunned the two friends not knowing what to do but Swetha adviced her on keeping baby and informing Anil which Ratna denied not wanting him to know.

Ratna took her swear on not revealing it to anyone. But now her reason on marrying Arvind became strong knowing Anil who was struggle now won't be able to take care of them even if they elope. Swetha though agreed was worried for her friend for if it comes open that she's carrying someone else child not only will she face humiliation and disgrace but so is her family be criticized.