Replica

"Mr. Park do you think it was your faith?"

Jimin looked at the reporter and showed a gentle smile, the kind of smile that would melt all the elders' hearts because of how filial he looked. Soft brown dreamy eyes formed crescents and his cheeks dusted with pink.

"Of course it is, I am born so that I could entertain my fans. Even though I had to go on a long hiatus my fans kept supporting me. I saw all your messages which gave me the strength to fight for my life and here I am in front of you happy and healthy ready to show you different parts of me."

It was a lie.

He didn't feel happy or healthy, he damn well haven't seen a single message posted to support him.

Park Jimin had discovered that he was seriously ill and so to focus on his health he had taken a long break. That was the story he was given by his PR team and he was an actor it's his job to sell the story.
His agency D-Town was the one on top so even if he had only performed as the second lead of an idol drama before, he still had a small fanbase. Moreover the character he played was well liked and some netizens even preferred him over the famous male lead.

Today D-Town held a press conference announcing Park Jimin's comeback and his appearance as a guest of the famous variety show 'Eat like me'. It was a typical cooking show where the members went to a remote area and tried to survive running a restaurant. The show had a host and new guest members would visit in every new location.

The location for the first episode was the 'city of love' Namwon which is about 4 hours away from soul. Jimin loaded his luggage onto the car and started his journey the night before day of shooting. He was quite nervous as it had been a long time since he appeared before the camera. At the back seat of his nanny car he flipped though the script again and again. It didn't contain much but for the show to run smoothly the script provided some structure. He was most anxious about the other guests he would meet, he was kept in the dark about the guests cause the crew wanted them to have their first meeting infront of the camera. He only knew about the permanent member Han shin-ae who was the daughter of director Han. One of the main reasons for the show's success was Han shin-ae's chemistry with her guests. Netizens found it endearing to see them interact with each other.

Jimin arrived at the hotel arround 10 o'clock and directly fell asleep.

The crew started setting up the equipment and was ready to shoot by 6 o'clock in the morning. The plan was for the members to greet each other and have a breakfast and then they were to be divided into two teams and had to make and sell snacks, the team with the most income at the end of the night would win and would be given an advantage for the next challenge.

Director Han went around making sure everything was in place and the members started showing up for the shoot. The first to come down was his daughter herself shin-ae greeted everyone and stood talking with her father.

The shooting location was a bit high up in one of the green beautiful mountains, in front of a traditional looking tea house. The steps up to the tea house were steep and there was no railing so the crew had to be extra careful carrying the expensive gear. According to the script the host member greeted the camera and talked about the history of this city and described it's beauty then finally it was time for the guests to be introduced.

The first guest climbed up the steps looking calm and confident... Park Jimin who was making a comeback after 5 long years.

The second guest was a famous film maker Jung Hyun woo who was well known for his charming smile, came out of the forest behind the host.

Jimin was adapting well with his current crew and the last member of the group was about to be introduced.

"J.J"

Shin-ae pointed towards the tea house and all the cameras zoomed in on a figure coming out of it.

Jimin could see a tall figure walking towards them. The figure was a bit familiar. JJ came into view and smiled in greetings and Jimin's heart stopped beating and he took a step back. He could see Jungkook walking towards him just like the day he was punched. His throat dried up, JJ came closer and closer and Jimin took another step back and lost his balance. He was already standing on the edge of the stairs, he fell back and rolled down the steps everyone was caught off gaurd. Jimin could hear people scream as his head hit something hard and everything was black.