35

ALL I DO

ALL I DO.
{ irl }

"rayne!" nick shrieks happily as soon as niola, rayne, and camille walk into the house. nick runs up to the girls, but he's quickly shoved out of the way when chris snatches rayne out of niola's arms and runs away with her — which makes the child giggle happily.

chris runs to his room, taking rayne with him. even from all the way in the living room, niola can still hear chris arguing with nick while rayne giggles her head off.

the sound of her sister laughing like this makes niola's heart happy. as much as she loves rayne — she feels like it's been a while since she has been able to relax without having to worry about her.

these past few weeks, she's been spending every single weekend with camille and rayne, babysitting and unable to get out of her house except for school. it's nice to be in a different setting, regardless of how queasy it makes her feel by knowing matt is probably right around the corner.

"c'mon." camille urges her after they've both taken off their shoes. "let's go find everyone!"

camille drags niola behind her as they walk in the direction that they saw chris and nick run off in. niola is hoping matt won't be there with them, but camille is hoping for the opposite.

camille turns a corner, entering chris' room.

he and nick are sprawled out on his bed, jokingly fighting over rayne just to make the girl giggle at their banter.

"no, she likes me more!" chris argues.

nick gasps dramatically, making rayne kick her little feet from laughing. "rayne! is that true!?"

rayne doesn't answer him. she's too busy laughing at the show they're putting on for her. nick grabs her under the armpits and hoists her into the air, pretending to be offended by what chris just told him.

"she told me at the ball! she said that i'm her favorite!" chris says.

niola and camille look at each other, confused. what ball? then it occurs to niola that rayne managed to make the triplets play her favorite game.

it's a game where rayne is the queen of the kingdom, with tons of powerful magic. but then, the beloved queen goes missing after her birthday ball, sending the whole kingdom into panic. the object of the game is to hunt for rayne and figure out what happened to her.

the game is super easy, though, considering it was created by a two-year-old. so after a few minutes of playing, it gets boring.

however, nick and chris don't seem to be bored. if anything, they look like they're having more fun than rayne.