Chapter -3

Dwani pov:

After college, I headed to the restaurant for my new job. My shift was from 3 to 8, and since college ended at 2:30, I had enough time to walk to the restaurant. It was conveniently located near my hostel, and I needed to be back inside before 8:30. I met the owner of the restaurant, who briefed me on the etiquettes and rules of serving customers. I nodded in agreement, absorbing all the information, and then started my service.

Today was particularly hectic because the restaurant was fully packed. I didn't get any time to eat during my shift, so after work, I settled for some leftovers from the kitchen. Exhausted, I made my way back to the hostel, which was within walking distance. As I entered my room, I met my roommate, Sruthy. She asked me about my whereabouts, and I shared the news about my new job. In return, she updated me about her classes, and I listened attentively.

Then she asked if I had dinner in the mess. I told her that I had eaten at my workplace. While I was taking some notes from my books, she suddenly asked me why I was working instead of studying. In response, I told her about being an orphan and not having anyone to rely on. She looked at me intently, then moved closer, sat beside me, and held my hand. She reassured me that I shouldn't feel sad and that I could always count on her whenever I needed someone to talk to. Overwhelmed by her kind words, tears welled up in my eyes. It was the first time someone had shown such care and support towards me. After our heartfelt moment, I took a refreshing bath and went to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up early and dedicated some time to studying. Then, I proceeded to wash my clothes, took a bath, completed my morning chores, and started braiding my hair. Sruthy woke up and asked for the time. I informed her that it was 8:15, and upon hearing that, she hastily got out of bed and rushed to the washroom since our college started at 9. Once I finished braiding my hair, I grabbed my bag and headed to college.

At college, I met my benchmate, Priyanka. We discussed our classes from the previous day, and she shared some interesting incidents that occurred on her way to college. Then, the morning session began, and our class teacher informed us that there would be a lab session afterward, instructing us to gather at the laboratory after lunch.

During the lunch break, a group of seniors entered our classroom. They were the same seniors I had seen in the park yesterday. They informed us about the upcoming freshers' party, which had a traditional theme. They also mentioned that they had arranged lunch for us on the day of the party, so we didn't need to bring our own. In my mind, I did a happy dance at the prospect of eating different food. However, one of the seniors mentioned that the girls should wear sarees and the boys should wear veshti shirts. I felt a pang of worry since I only had five suits as my clothing options. I couldn't afford to buy a new saree because it would mean sacrificing my food budget for the month. I didn't know what to do.

During the lunch break, I found myself back in the park. I noticed the same seniors there, but one of them was missing. I simply watched them from a distance, curious about their activities. Suddenly, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around to find the missing senior standing before me, asking what I was doing. Feeling caught off guard, I replied with a simple "nothing" and quickly walked away. With a lot on my mind, I made my way to the laboratory.

As I entered the lab, I noticed only a few students were present. After some time, I saw Shruthi entering the lab as well. I hurriedly approached her and asked why she was there. She explained that she had a lab session during that hour, and it turned out that we had combined classes even though we were both first-year students. Soon after, Priyanka joined us, and I introduced Shruthi and Priyanka to each other. The three of us then continued attending the lab session together.

Vedant pov:

I starts my  day by completing  morning chores before having breakfast. Then engages in a small conversation with his parents and then heads off to college. Before the lunch break, Vedant and his friends visit the junior class to inform them about the upcoming freshers party and discuss lunch arrangements. It's during this interaction that Vedant notices the same girl he saw in the park, sitting in the second row. He observes her reaction when Riya mentions girls wearing sarees, noticing her face turning pale and appearing tense. Although Vedant doesn't understand why, he feels a strong emotional connection and finds himself intrigued by her.

Afterward, Vedant goes to meet his mother to inform her that he will be late that day due to party preparations. She hands him his lunch, which he had forgotten to take in the morning. Vedant then heads to the park to meet his friends, who he considers as a second family. On his way, he notices the same girl staring at his friends, so he playfully taps her shoulder to get her attention. When she turns around, Vedant finds her cute and is amused by her funny facial expressions. He asks her what she is doing, but she simply replies with "nothing" and walks away, leaving Vedant with a bewildered expression on his face.

Vedant joins his friends in the park and discusses the preparations for the freshers party. They decide that Deepak will handle the decoration of the multipurpose hall since his brother owns an event management company. Sneha volunteers to take care of the gifts for the freshers. For the party games, they plan to ask their classmates to write funny things and put them in a bowl. They also discuss food arrangements and agree to go to a restaurant after college to place lunch orders. With the plans settled, they head back to their classes.

During Vedant's class, he finds himself unable to concentrate as his thoughts keep drifting back to the cute girl he noticed earlier. The first-year students have their first laboratory session, which gives the seniors, including Vedant, the last two hours of free time. Vedant and his friends use this time to relax in the park and discuss their plans for the upcoming weekend, perhaps as a way to take their minds off the freshers party preparations.

Plz read and vote
With love cutiepie5